Are we dining at the top table or not?

Hart, Cabellero, Zabaleta, Sagna, Kompany, Demichelis, Mangala, Kolarov, Clichy, Fernando, Fernandinho, Yaya Toure, Silva, Nasri, Milner, Navas, Jovetic, Aguero, Dzeko. What a fantastic squad. This summer we needed a defensive midfielder, centre back, cover for Zab at right back, and cover for Hart. All have been signed. We needed to off load some of the fringe players, and most of them have now gone. We have a settled squad, a top manager, excellent management team, the world's best owner, and we're reigning Premier League champions. All is well at our club imo.

de niro said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
This isn't a rant at the club in any shape or form so please bare with me.
I sit at home tonight a little confused about the past 48hrs and our policy for the coming season.
Now don't get me wrong,I am happy with the signings we have made however I feel that we are risking losing a great chance of defending the title by letting Negredo go without a replacement.
Has Financial Fair play really stopped us this window. Not sure of the figures but haven't we still got 20-25 million from the 49 left??

We are supposed to be one of the big boys now but the last 48 hrs have left me a little confused,concerned and hoping we are not shooting ourselves in the foot and in reality just playing along to the fair play tune.

simply down to platini and his agenda (you know, the one that isn't there). he knew players would only pick non CL teams if we couldn't go for them. that will make the non CL teams stronger and he will be hoping they will push us down to 5th. it wont happen but thats his game plan.

I agree re Platini. Hate that **** so much.
Not really been following the FFP thread but what are the chances of it being fucked off Bill?
I can't wait for the day when we can just not worry about it but I have a feeling the posts will always be moved to look after the cartel.
Think my frustration is more concern re not replacing the beast. I know squad harmony is vital etc and we clearly have that but 3 strikers until Jan....

Yes we are,
We have made some good signings this summer, players we REALLY did need.

FFP has of course meant that we can't go out and spend like we did when Sheikh Mansour first came in but that was never going to be sustainable anyway.

Also, you are aware that we are not selling Negredo because of FFP reasons? It is because he want's to go and we are being offered a fantastic deal for both parties.

No worries from me.

3rdgenerationblue said:
OP.
sorry but are you seriously saying you would rather have a last minute joke buy like Robinho or a well thought out and well managed buy like Fernando? .

seriously.

Have you read my post mate?
My concern is that we haven't signed a replacement for Negredo and the the way the club has gone from "he will not be allowed to leave" to him going tonight. We are losing 20 plus goals a season now mate. Where will they come from,taking into account Sergio and Stefans injury record

CTID101 said:
Yes we are,
We have made some good signings this summer, players we REALLY did need.

FFP has of course meant that we can't go out and spend like we did when Sheikh Mansour first came in but that was never going to be sustainable anyway.

Also, you are aware that we are not selling Negredo because of FFP reasons? It is because he want's to go and we are being offered a fantastic deal for both parties.

No worries from me.

I know Negredo wants to go because of his family being unsettled but surely the club should have said January if we have no replacement this window. Very strange for the club to be happy to lose a striker who contribute 20 plus goals last season and having no one coming in.
I hope to god that our strikers dont get a knock because we could be in serious mither. I was thinking if Nasri has ever played up top

This isn't a rant at the club in any shape or form so please bare with me.
I sit at home tonight a little confused about the past 48hrs and our policy for the coming season.
Now don't get me wrong,I am happy with the signings we have made however I feel that we are risking losing a great chance of defending the title by letting Negredo go without a replacement.
Has Financial Fair play really stopped us this window. Not sure of the figures but haven't we still got 20-25 million from the 49 left??

We are supposed to be one of the big boys now but the last 48 hrs have left me a little confused,concerned and hoping we are not shooting ourselves in the foot and in reality just playing along to the fair play tune.

Negredo is to go on loan. Usually when players go on loan there is something in the contract to say the player can be called back under certain circumstances, e.g. another striker gets a long term injury. Negredo isn't going to be happy sat on the bench for most of the season, and full credit to him for that.

I'd rather loan a player out who wants to play than sign a player on transfer deadline day and then fucking falls asleep at the airport and remained fucking asleep for most of his career at City, i.e. Benjani.

I can't blame the club for pulling out of a deal for a 28 year old who's just come back from a serious knee injury and wants nearly 350k a week. We're not that desperate thank you.

3rdgenerationblue said:
OP.
sorry but are you seriously saying you would rather have a last minute joke buy like Robinho or a well thought out and well managed buy like Fernando? .

seriously.

Have you read my post mate?
My concern is that we haven't signed a replacement for Negredo and the the way the club has gone from "he will not be allowed to leave" to him going tonight. We are losing 20 plus goals a season now mate. Where will they come from,taking into account Sergio and Stefans injury record

Has he definitely gone then?
Big mistake in my view. To be honest, when fully fit, he'd still be in the side ahead of Dzeko, for me.

Just off to get me tin hat..

Last season we won the Title with Edin, Sergio and The Beast... Beast goes and is effectively replaced with Jovetic

The club have been more professional in their dealings this year, no arty farting around, we targeted our players and got them in before the season started, now we sit back and watch clubs being raped silly by overly inflated prices because the selling clubs know how desperate the buying clubs are, 350k a week Falcao plus 6 Million pound up front and they wont even own him, that IMO is a ridiculous piece of business and more so given he has been out so long with an Injury.

City are building for the next few years with a settled squad

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.