Are we dining at the top table or not?

Shaelumstash said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Shaelumstash said:
I think it's because we're signing what they consider to be a "top line" striker on October 1st - Inehacho. I'm sure we'll manage for the next 3 weeks with only 3 strikers.

That is the one argument that does stack up in terms of selling Negredo imo. We need to seriously hope that he gets his work permit and when he does that he is ready.

The other advantage of Inehacho over Negredo is that Inehacho will be allowed to play for us in the CL because of his age, whereas Negredo wouldn't. Keeping the Beast as 4th choice striker could stifle Inehacho's development by restricting his opportunity to play.

Txiki is the best DoF in the business, there's no way he would have sold Negredo as an oversight and then suddenly wake up today and think "Oh shit, that leaves us one striker short for the season." There will no doubt be method in the madness.

Sad to see Negredo go, but from what I've seen of Inehacho, he has the talent to be one of the very best.

No he wont, he hasn't been at the club for 2 years and that's a requirement for U21 players

A few posters on here seem to have overlooked that the Barca Boys were actually trying to replace Alf. The fact they lost the player they were trying to replace as well as failing to secure a replacement changes the complexion of the debate somewhat.

George Hannah said:
A few posters on here seem to have overlooked that the Barca Boys were actually trying to replace Alf. The fact they lost the player they were trying to replace as well as failing to secure a replacement changes the complexion of the debate somewhat.
You know this how?

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
This isn't a rant at the club in any shape or form so please bare with me.
I sit at home tonight a little confused about the past 48hrs and our policy for the coming season.
Now don't get me wrong,I am happy with the signings we have made however I feel that we are risking losing a great chance of defending the title by letting Negredo go without a replacement.
Has Financial Fair play really stopped us this window. Not sure of the figures but haven't we still got 20-25 million from the 49 left??

We are supposed to be one of the big boys now but the last 48 hrs have left me a little confused,concerned and hoping we are not shooting ourselves in the foot and in reality just playing along to the fair play tune.

Realistically there were no top top strikers available with a realistic possability of signing especially with Aguero firmly esconced as No 1 (quite rightly) we would just be spending money for the sake of it nothing more Chelski needed a striker and a midfield player they spent big and got em, Liverpool needed to increase the squad depth and they did, rags just needed a new team and i would argue with smalling and Evans i think they have spent unwisely and Le Arse well they do what Arsenal do and spend a bit but not in the right place

We needed a central defender and a midfield player and a replacement for pants - Negrado was not going to be in the CL squad and he was going to miss a fiar chucnk of early season his price was at a peak we did well especially when you look at his form late in the season last year - still gutted to see him go though

bluechampion7891 said:
Shaelumstash said:
Lancet Fluke said:
That is the one argument that does stack up in terms of selling Negredo imo. We need to seriously hope that he gets his work permit and when he does that he is ready.

The other advantage of Inehacho over Negredo is that Inehacho will be allowed to play for us in the CL because of his age, whereas Negredo wouldn't. Keeping the Beast as 4th choice striker could stifle Inehacho's development by restricting his opportunity to play.

Txiki is the best DoF in the business, there's no way he would have sold Negredo as an oversight and then suddenly wake up today and think "Oh shit, that leaves us one striker short for the season." There will no doubt be method in the madness.

Sad to see Negredo go, but from what I've seen of Inehacho, he has the talent to be one of the very best.

No he wont, he hasn't been at the club for 2 years and that's a requirement for U21 players

Is that definitely the case? I was under the impression that Nastasic for example didn't have to be included in our overseas quota last year as he was under 21? I'm not sure on it though, that was just what I thought.

Shaelumstash said:
bluechampion7891 said:
Shaelumstash said:

Is that definitely the case? I was under the impression that Nastasic for example didn't have to be included in our overseas quota last year as he was under 21? I'm not sure on it though, that was just what I thought.

We got 2 years of Ballotelli not counting to the squad, there was no two year period then, but things might have changed?

Corky said:
Shaelumstash said:
bluechampion7891 said:

We got 2 years of Ballotelli not counting to the squad, there was no two year period then, but things might have changed?

That's what I thought. Any players under 21s don't count, and players over 21 who've been at the club for 2 years count as "home grown". Can anyone confirm?

MENS saying the club do not consider Inehacho ready for the first team,not developed enough.Doesn't look like he will join the first team

SWP's back said:
BobKowalski said:
Henkeman said:
You're missing the point. Four frontline strikers was and is extremely unusual. How many other clubs have that many?

I'm missing the point? Christ on a bike. We do. We have 4 top line strikers. It is a deliberate policy on our part as we play most games with 2 top line strikers. The squad is structured to have 4 top line strikers. Pellers wants 4 top line strikers. Txiki wants 4 top line strikes which is why he fucking made sure we had 4.

If we want to change to playing 1 top line striker and having 3 in the squad then fine. Do it. Plan for it. Practise it. It's what Ferran and Txiki preach. The reason why this sale and the timing of it looks odd is because it is contrary to what they preach.

We've got 3 class strikers and if needs be Yaya/Silva or possibly even Nasri could fill the secondry strikers role if needed. Negredo wasn't going to be named in the Euro squad up until christmas due to injury and the offer from Valancia is £5-10m more than what we paid for him a year ago. He's just turned 29, apparently his wife is unhappy in england so for me i am sad to see him go but it must still be seen as a great bit of business.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.