Are we dining at the top table or not?

I have read some guff on here but this is a new low...
Dining at the top table? Of course we are dining at the top table. All this brought about because we have made a profit on a bloke who didn't want to be here, was injured and scored ONE premier league goal in 2014.
Meanwhile, we cannot compete with Chelsea, who also have 3 strikers. Drogba who is 36, Costa who had one blinding season at Atletico and Remy with 132 starts in 8 seasons, injury prone player that he is.
They have a 23 man squad with 8 midfielders.
Our shameful owners and directors of football have left us with pretty much the same thing, other than no strikers above the age of 28.
I would also imagine that we will play with only 1 up front in the big European games and some of the more difficult premier league games, especially away from home. This will Aldo make it far more likely Milner will play some serious games.
Finally, only 5 of the squad have not won the premier league with City (and one of those 5 is Lampard). So we have a settled squad of winners, flexibility of personnel and approach and a fantastic footballing future.
Are we dining at the top table? What do you think.......

The Light Was Yellow said:
Dining at the top table? Of course we are dining at the top table. All this brought about because we have made a profit on a bloke who didn't want to be here, was injured and scored ONE premier league goal in 2014.
Meanwhile, we cannot compete with Chelsea, who also have 3 strikers. Drogba who is 36, Costa who had one blinding season at Atletico and Remy with 132 starts in 8 seasons, injury prone player that he is.
Our shameful owners and directors of football have left us with pretty much the same thing, other than no strikers above the age of 28.
I would also imagine that we will play with only 1 up front in the big European games and some of the more difficult premier league games, especially away from home. This will Aldo make it far more likely Milner will play some serious games.
Finally, only 5 of the squad have not won the premier league with City (and one of those 5 is Lampard). So we have a settled squad of winners, flexibility of personnel and approach and a fantastic footballing future.

Great post.

Our days of exciting, last minute transfer deadline day "marquee" signings are over, which probably prompted the thread.

I'll take the ruthless efficiency of getting our business done early, filling the needs of the squad, over big name signings that we don't need while neglecting what we do.

This transfer window is the one where the balance really did shift in Manchester. We're now the ruthless, proffesional winning machine that keeps the same core players and tweaks each season, whereas that Shite are the brash loadsamoney idiots buying "marquee" players with a scattergun approach.

The tables really have turned.

I think we're doing quite fine.

Shaelumstash said:

Great post.

Our days of exciting, last minute transfer deadline day "marquee" signings are over, which probably prompted the thread.

I'll take the ruthless efficiency of getting our business done early, filling the needs of the squad, over big name signings that we don't need while neglecting what we do.

This transfer window is the one where the balance really did shift in Manchester. We're now the ruthless, proffesional winning machine that keeps the same core players and tweaks each season, whereas that Shite are the brash loadsamoney idiots buying "marquee" players with a scattergun approach.

Not sure if you pair understand the meaning of 'forum'?
No. I thought not. Easier just to post snidey and sarcastic comments.

Fuck the top table.

We dine all week in a Golden Palace. At the weekend, we ride our horses in the desert and eat under the stars before retiring to our tents.

Well. that's what the owners do.

The main man is third in command after his bro the President and his father-in-law from Dubai. I can never state enough just how powerful and wealthy our guys are. They are also extremely serious business people.

I could go on. However, I will merely say this. What has happened in this transfer window was as ultimately decided in AD. So let it be and stop worrying.

In 2012-13 a striker was sold without buying a replacement also.

With 2/3 being injury prone so far it doesn't seem well planned.

TGR said:
Shaelumstash said:

Great post.

You seem to think a forum is where you post a comment/question, then you answer your own question, then you comment on your own answer. That, my friend, is not a forum, it is called talking to yourself. The advantage of that, of course, is that you know someone is listening.

So when we're spending we're running football, and when we're not, it's "Hah!, You're money has run out"

It's a combination of FFP sanctions, and where we are in team-building

We were never going to carry on spending £100m per season.

But I think in 12 months you'll see City do what Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern do and cherry-pick the world's best players which might involve fees of £50m plus.

In a couple of years time, the North and South Stands will have been extended. We'll have one of Europe's iconic stadium and rather than struggling to get out of our Champions League groups, we'll be one of a small group of favourites.

The last 5 years have been special, so will the next 5.

TGR said:
Shaelumstash said:

Great post.

Eh?? My only "snidey and sarcastic" comments were aimed at The Shite! Or is that not allowed on your version of what a "forum" should be?!

I'm not even sure what your views are on the topic, so I've got no idea why you've taken my reply personally, I assume you quoted the wrong post?

Shaelumstash said:
TGR said:
Shaelumstash said:
Great post.

Eh?? My only "snidey and sarcastic" comments were aimed at The Shite! Or is that not allowed on your version of what a "forum" should be?!

I'm not even sure what your views are on the topic, so I've got no idea why you've taken my reply personally, I assume you quoted the wrong post?

Nope.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.