Are we dining at the top table or not?

TGR said:
Shaelumstash said:
TGR said:
Not sure if you pair understand the meaning of 'forum'?
No. I thought not. Easier just to post snidey and sarcastic comments.

Eh?? My only "snidey and sarcastic" comments were aimed at The Shite! Or is that not allowed on your version of what a "forum" should be?!

I'm not even sure what your views are on the topic, so I've got no idea why you've taken my reply personally, I assume you quoted the wrong post?

Nope.

Well I've just read my post back and I can't see how you could possibly take it personally or be offended by it unless you're a United fan, which I assume you're not.

The theme of the thread is whether City are still "dining at the top table" some perhaps think we're not. My view is that we are, and we've gone about our business in a proffesional and efficient manner.

I can't see how you could possibly think that is bad for debate or in any way offensive. If you're upset by it, please be more specific about what you're upset about and I'll address it. The only offence in my post was aimed at The Shite's scattergun approach.

We are not dining at the top table at all.

We are sat next to it at the moment

Until we sign Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Bale we will remain sat by the scraps

Not that i give a fuck the best £35,000 we ever spent was on Neil Mcnab

Rascal said:
We are not dining at the top table at all.

We are sat next to it at the moment

Until we sign Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Bale we will remain sat by the scraps

Not that i give a fuck the best £35,000 we ever spent was on Neil Mcnab

I completely understand where you are coming from, we've not been in the market buying players of that standard for a few years. But I think half of that is down to the fact we don't need to.

I think we've got the 4th best squad in Europe. I wouldn't swap Silva for Bale or Kun for Suarez. Bayern haven't bought any of those "top table" players for a few years either, but you can't say their not on the top table.

It all depends on your definition, but look at Benatia, he was practically begging to come to City this summer, and he was our second choice. Bayern bought him, and he was their biggest purchase of the summer. I don't think anyone could argue Bayern aren't top table.

Shaelumstash said:
TGR said:
Shaelumstash said:
Great post.

Our days of exciting, last minute transfer deadline day "marquee" signings are over, which probably prompted the thread.

I'll take the ruthless efficiency of getting our business done early, filling the needs of the squad, over big name signings that we don't need while neglecting what we do.

This transfer window is the one where the balance really did shift in Manchester. We're now the ruthless, proffesional winning machine that keeps the same core players and tweaks each season, whereas that Shite are the brash loadsamoney idiots buying "marquee" players with a scattergun approach.

The tables really have turned.

Eh?? My only "snidey and sarcastic" comments were aimed at The Shite! Or is that not allowed on your version of what a "forum" should be?!

I'm not even sure what your views are on the topic, so I've got no idea why you've taken my reply personally, I assume you quoted the wrong post?

Stash - it wasn't you who made the sarcastic and snidey comments it was clown who you agreed with and replied ''great post'.
I apologise for any ill feeling - there was none intend at you. You are one of the better posters on here.
It's just when posters write shit like 'I have read some guff on here, but this is a new low'
The OP was looking for debate and discussion which in general this thread has achieved.
Once again I apologise to you for any offence taken.

TGR said:
Shaelumstash said:
TGR said:

Stash - it wasn't you who made the sarcastic and snidey comments it was clown who you agreed with and replied ''great post'.
I apologise for any ill feeling - there was none intend at you. You are one of the better posters on here.
It's just when posters write shit like 'I have read some guff on here, but this is a new low'
The OP was looking for debate and discussion which in general this thread has achieved.

I appreciate that mate, thank you. I didn't mean any offence either by typing "great post", I wasn't agreeing with the "guff" comment, it was more the general theme of his post that we have a settled squad and are champions of England and should rightly be considered among the favourites to win it again.

Glad that's cleared up as I certainly never meant any offence to you or the OP.

We are dining at the top table without a doubt.

It's just that periodically we seem to tuck our napkin into our shirt collar, making us appear a tad incongruous.

Shaelumstash said:
TGR said:
Shaelumstash said:

I appreciate that mate, thank you. I didn't mean any offence either by typing "great post", I wasn't agreeing with the "guff" comment, it was more the general theme of his post that we have a settled squad and are champions of England and should rightly be considered among the favourites to win it again.

No worries fella. I agree - we are in safe hands at every level these days and I still fancy us to win it over 38 games.

TGR said:
Shaelumstash said:
TGR said:

Sarcastic and snidey comments and a clown? Not sure there is any need for that. To be fair, I wasn't replying to the original topic, and for that I apologise. But seriously, have you read some of the posts on this thread, complaining about not spending etc? Debate and discussion is absolutely what I try to do. Name calling and making unwarranted assumptions suggests you might not.

TGR said:
Shaelumstash said:
TGR said:

No worries fella. I agree - we are in safe hands at every level these days and I still fancy us to win it over 38 games.

Definitely a 2 horse race between us and Chelsea. I fancy us but I think it could come down to our games against them and injuries. If we can keep Kun fit all season there's no stopping us.

OB1 said:
I have no doubt that a calculated risk has been taken or that we would be unlucky not to cope with our squad. However, that does not change my view that a potentially avoidable risk has been taken and that the squad took a step backwards because something did not go to plan.

I'll dispute that the squad has taken a backwards step because it's stronger in other departments even if we've lost Negredo. I do think though that this is the nub of it. A calculated risk has been taken. But in football, without being churlish, everything is a risk when it comes to player sales/acquisitions. Only the future can decide these decisions. Which is why I personally don't understand the excessive flapping. Not by you I might add, as I know you're one of the more level headed posters around. It's just that you cannot dispute the general tone of the forum since last night has been negative to the point of ridiculousness.

Whenever things descend to the point where posters dust down their grudges with the "Barca Boys" from the summer of 2013 you just know that all sense has been lost and the idiots have once again taken over the asylum and been given the morsel they need to chew to death whilst muttering grave passages in latin.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.