Are we getting ahead of ourselves?

We still have two league games to go and anything can happen. I'm old school and can't help but think that all the gifs, no trophy jokes about the dippers from last night may come back to bite us on the arse.
I'd rather we all keep our powder dry and celebrate if/when we win the league and cup.
It just doesn't sit well with a half glass full man like me.

Yeah, counting chickens before a beak has broken the shell has 'raggy' written all over it. Que sera, sera - as Roberto was oft taken to remind us! I remember standing next to the guy on that glorious day in May and said "T, it's 86 mins and we're losing 2-1!" Let us wait until the chick has escaped the shell.

Remember sky have paid a lot of money for PL rights. They want their money's worth and they're getting it in this season's title race. I'm sure the marketing team has already been at work for weeks now on ' Goliath's sunday' or ' down to the wire sunday'. So don't expect Liverpool to lose on Saturday or if they do expect a dodgy decision or two to extend the title race to the end

Everyone.

We all suffer from Cityitus. It’s a City fan thing. No matter how good things are, there is always that nagging feeling in the back of our minds that City will f*** things up. (Whereas your average Liverpool fan still thinks Liverpool can and will win the league, even though it doesn’t look promising for them.) That will be the case for the last 2 games. But let’s remember this please.

They said we would f*** up away at Palace. We didn’t.
They said we would f*** up at home to Spurs in the PL. We didn't.
They said we would f*** up away to United. We didn’t.
They all said we would f*** up away at Burnley. We didn’t.
Not only have we not f***ed up against those teams, we have beaten another 8 teams to go on a run of 12 consecutive wins.
So, isn’t time we trusted Pep and the players, and f***ed that Cityitus off.(What about Wigan in the FA Cup Final, jrb?)

Regarding Leicester.

If Wolves beat Fulham at home on Saturday, which they should do, then Leicester will have no alternative but to beat City on Monday Night to take the Europa League 7th pace fight with Wolves to the last game of the season. Then Leicester are at home to Chelsea. Wolves are away to Liverpool. This means Leicester will have to win the game against City. They will attack City. Is that better than a team coming to park the bus? Yes, it means we will have to concentrate and defend properly for 90 minutes, watching out for Leicester’s hallmark Jamie Vardy breakaway goal. But it will also mean Leicester will be vulnerable to our attacks.

I’m expecting Rodgers to go 4-5-1. Leaving Vardy up on his own, packing out their midfield, defending deep, but not parking the bus, hoping to catch us on the break, or to score from a corner or a set piece. As always, an early goal is a must. But if that doesn’t happen we just need to keep on doing what we’ve been doing for most of the season. Regaining possession, churning the ball over, warring opposing players and teams down, tiring them out, until they make one mistake and we score.

Two more games to go. Two more performances for 90 minutes. Two more wins. Then we’re PL Champions again.

Liverpool losing by one goal or two at Barcelona would have been better

That way they still in the tie. Klopp has previous for ditching cup games. Imo he will go all out on Saturday and fuck the CL

3 nil allows that

Yes!

Some of the posts I’ve seen on the site and especially in comments sections on social media recently are ridiculous from us!

Anything can happen in these last two games, you keep your powder dry until it’s won. Surely we know that’s what you do more than anyone else.

That way they still in the tie. Klopp has previous for ditching cup games. Imo he will go all out on Saturday and fuck the CL

3 nil allows that
Liverpool’s delusion of grandeur allows them to believe, genuinely, that they are well within the tie on Tuesday and that a “typical Liverpool night” could happen.

I'm old-school City so I know what disappointment is . However this squad is more than professional enough to keep us ahead of Liverpool over the next two games. We are also more than good enough.
The one thing I am doing though is avoiding the likes of Sky Sports bulletins and the media with their Scouse wankfests. How sweet it will be to see their reaction when we eventually prevail.

3 nil allows that

Mate,there are 3 games left in the season. Klopp has no choice but to go all out in the 3. A goal for Liverpool in the first 30 against Barca and theyret back in it. 2 and they're right back in it.

We still have two league games to go and anything can happen. I'm old school and can't help but think that all the gifs, no trophy jokes about the dippers from last night may come back to bite us on the arse.
I'd rather we all keep our powder dry and celebrate if/when we win the league and cup.
It just doesn't sit well with a half glass full man like me.
I’m pretty pessimistic having supported the blues all my life, 54 years. So I don’t like to tempt fate. I agree let’s celebrate if and when we win these three games, not before. Anything can happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.