are we getting arrogant

welsh_andy

are we in danger of becoming like the shitheads over the road, loads of talk of we gona walk it, win every game, win treble,quad etc etc
as a city fan for over 30yrs you get used to city failing, we were in the wilderness for a long long time, being a city fan in those days came with the customary grey hairs and stress lines. and disappointment.

i really hope our fans dont turn out like the arrogant bastards down the road. maybe i still have the bad days firmly stained in my memories, but is strange when you see you beloved club go through such a huge change and start becoming championship contenders again.

i just hope out new fans dont take us down the road of arrogance

I think some are, should never take ANY game for granted or disrespect any team or suggest the title is won as its still so early in the season and Chelsea had a bigger lead than us this time last year I think.

I do think we'll be brought crashing down to earth some time soon with a loss no one expects, maybe Newcastle or QPR. Mancini out, Dzeko not good enough, etc., to follow.

Already started, check some of the threads.

However, if things turned bad again, no doubt they'd be off gloryhunting the next big thing.

I hate when people start saying we are going to win the league by 15 points and win every away game 3-0 and then Summerbee saying United are finished after one game.

Dont think we are arrogant, but do think you are right about us dropping points, we will at some point.

Just hope our fans get behind the team when it happens, no booing the lads off.

loads of talk of we gona walk it, win every game, win treble,quad etc etc

Can`t say i heard this fron fellow blues..but you are right about
it feeling strange being serious contenders for the league and cups again

Anyone who has followed the club for more than a couple of seasons will share the Op's concerns, as we also remember the drought, the relegations, the 'sleeping giant' quips, the false dawns...

But we can have a hand in how we are percieved to a degree - some looking from the outside will never see past the money, especially those sections of the media how see it as an easy target, but when you talk to real fans of other club, they do still in general have at least a little respect and knowledge of City as a club, and of it's fans.

As I posted in the Man U most hated club thread:

Plus, I've always been baffled by the many United fans (not all, some are decent if we are honest, but an awful lot, especially the younger) who claim supporters of other clubs are below them, just because they support another club. Really it's completely the other way around - I'll give all the credit in the world to the guy or girl who trots along to support Morecambe or Brentford, rather than take the easy way out and pick whoever is at the top of the league most often. Similarly, our City journey has not been covered in glory until very recently, Div 2, York & Bury away... but it's a giggle. Which is what supporting your team should be, not a status symbol to whack those with other loyalties around the head with. I hope we don't forget that either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.