are we getting arrogant

We're not getting arrogant. What we are getting is obsessed about comparing ourselves to rag supporters, and questioning the attitude of blues who are quite rightly enjoying the current performances of the team.

I'd bet well over half of all blues at 3-1 were more than a bit worried about dropping points last Sunday. We've been through too much to be arrogant.

1) We only need twelve points more to avoid relegation
2) This game tomorrow will not be a cake walk and I expect a hard fight from Wolves.
3) I hope that we win the match, 1-0 will do, couldn't give a shit who scores.
4) We have an important CL match on Wednesday which may influence first team selection.
5) Wolves made nine changes on Wednesday so I don't think we have seen the real Wolves
6) Mike McCarthy will be up for this he won't want to get beat twice in one week
7) If memory serves me right these fuckers gave us a real scare last season don't see any need that that will change.

If any of the above is seen as me being arrogant, count me in the 35 years of watching shit clique, I deserve to watch a good team play good football and score lots of goals.

moomba said:
We're not getting arrogant. What we are getting is obsessed about comparing ourselves to rag supporters, and questioning the attitude of blues who are quite rightly enjoying the current performances of the team.

I'd bet well over half of all blues at 3-1 were more than a bit worried about dropping points last Sunday. We've been through too much to be arrogant.
Damn right. I had nightmarish visions flashing through my mind for a couple of minutes until Gareth, Joleon and Ed helped me to relax once again!

jimharri said:
moomba said:

Damn right. I had nightmarish visions flashing through my mind for a couple of minutes until Gareth, Joleon and Ed helped me to relax once again!

even at six I was glancing at the clock....

jimharri said:
moomba said:

I went to pieces for 5 minutes...mentally scarred I am!

What a load of rubbish. City fans are the same as always, apart from being cock a hoop at our form. These new fans are mainly mythical

moomba said:

But is it the City fans that have been through all the shit that are the problem or is it that our recent performances and success is bringing arrogant fans jumping on the band wagon?

Just a question.

Two things I think about this:

Firstly, I think it was always going to be impossible NOT to be labelled arrogant when the money came. I was arguing with a Spurs fan the other day, who was making the usual claim of 'City fans were alright before the takeover, now they're all arrogant w*nkers'. But this attitude (on the part of opposition fans and the media) would have prevailed however we conducted ourselves. Better performances breed higher expectations, and given the huge and sudden rise in performance levels, the increase in expectations was always going to look like arrogance. It's also linked to the pitiful and myopic 'established elite' mentality that many seem to have, exemplified wonderfully by Green's 'City in the Champions League, don't make me laugh' comment. In other words, we're labelled arrogant because obviously only Liverpool and Man Utds' fans are entitled to think they'll win most games.

Secondly, I do think it's important to see the value in other teams. I find that simply commenting on the strengths of another fan's team when you're having a chat will quickly dispel any suspicion of arrogance they may have. And it's good practice, too: do this often enough, and you find yourself being a bit more objective in your appraisal of the opposition. Confucianism innit

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.