Are we getting more popular abroad?

I work for an airline and spent most of my time abroad. I can 100% say we are a lot more popular these days. I've seen a lot more city shirts in China, Singapore, Hong Kong, Mexico, Caribbean etc recently.
In the 'soccer' (sorry) store in Tampa the window display was our kits!!

I'll be in Tampa next Wednesday so I'll be representing in a bar somewhere ;) Only been able to use my season ticket 5 times so far this season :(

I was in Turkey last month, nobody knew who I was? But some of the bar staff were winking at my wife!

Danish sports shops are selling City shirts too now, so yeah definately, slowly but steady.

City shirts much more visible in Lyon

The french /north african / arabic communities in the 'banlieus' seem to be really swinging behind City
They seem really proud that ethinically arabic people are being seen as a big success story

They also feel that they have a 'haven' away from lots of grim racism in mainstream French culture atm (cf FN)

Certainly saw more City tops this summer in France than I have ever seen before

Start of the season City's new kit was displayed on the main mannequins in the majority of sport stores in central Auckland.

Also see a lot of junior teams sporting City's kit.

Bizzarely (as I live in the northern beaches of Sydney) as I was sitting in my deck about 11pm a few weeks ago listening to a party in one of the houses behind I heard a lone voice (soon joined by others) singing Yaya Yaya Yaya Yaya Yaya Yaya Yaya Toure for about 10 minutes - I didn't reply back singing kolo because of the two young children and wife asleep only yards away.

Liverpool and united still the list prevelant in aus but city shirts are getting more common and we are up there (a fair way behind rags and Scouse) alongside Chelsea arsenal etc. A hell of a lot of Barca and messi shirts around as well

Bruun said:
Danish sports shops are selling City shirts too now, so yeah definately, slowly but steady.
always,many Citizens in Bloomsday Bar - Copenhagen.... :)

Wardie said:
Thaksinssoldier said:
I'm not surprised about the City gear popping up in Dublin, but what I am surprised about is lifestyle sports(our major chain) now gives us as much shelf space as the Rags. Considering 5 years ago you'd be lucky to find a home shirt, seeing polos, tracksuits and kids stuff marks a sea change!

Yeah there are. City tops in Laois now!
What I used to love in the 80s and 90s is that whichever town I would go to in Ireland there was always one local bloke with a city top on. Someone who just didn't want to follow the crowds.

12 millions Facebook fans, It was few weeks ago or so when official site was bragging about 10 millions, it's rising on huge way.

I remember, in title winning season, when Arsenal fans were making joke of City because unofficial van Persie fan page had 4-5 millions fans while official City one had less than 2 mil.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.