Are we going to win the League ?

LoveCity said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
LoveCity said:
It's hard to disagree, many said it at the time - instead of kicking on we at the very most stood still (some say gone backwards) in our disastrous summer transfer window. Our scouts seem to have completely failed us with the exception of Nastasic and while Maicon has his qualities, he is a bit of a vanity/job for the mates buy. Financial Fair Play is a concern but consider the money we have lost by bombing out of the Champions League again, the difference between what we have made and what we could have made by going to the semis or final may have covered the transfers we had in mind and then some more.

Sort of agree but are you really saying it's down to scouts? I don't think buying RVP was down to scouting do you and he is the one transfer that will make the difference.If we had got him we would already be nailed on and far away.?

Well I think our first choice targets were obvious and would have improved us, no brainer. But our alternatives have largely been a disaster so far and would have been scouted extensively I'd think (I remember photos of one of Mancini's men watching Garcia at Benfica). Garcia and Rodwell alternatives to De Rossi and Martinez? Sinclair as an alternative to Hazard? The Sinclair signing infuriates me and people are hiding behind the "homegrown" thing when we had enough homegrown players by my count even if we hadn't bought him, it's a lazy and ill thought out signing that has immediately been written off as Mancini doesn't even trust him enough to make an impact when we're struggling for goals.

Agree with this comment, the fact is that we have no adequate protection of the back four. Yaya doesn't want this position and we all know (including Bobby) that this is not his strong point.

I said it in another thread (some say get over it - which i have) but we did not replace a proper improvement on De Jong when we sold him. Bobby wanted De Rossi but we did not get him. This has left Yaya playing DM, sitting further and further back. As I mention above, Garcia will probably start this weekend, he needs to improve drastically, if he can show what he can do and cement the DM position for himself that will solve the issue, and allow Yaya & Silva to control the midfield.

Big weekend and month for Garcia imo.....

black mamba said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
LoveCity said:
It's hard to disagree, many said it at the time - instead of kicking on we at the very most stood still (some say gone backwards) in our disastrous summer transfer window. Our scouts seem to have completely failed us with the exception of Nastasic and while Maicon has his qualities, he is a bit of a vanity/job for the mates buy. Financial Fair Play is a concern but consider the money we have lost by bombing out of the Champions League again, the difference between what we have made and what we could have made by going to the semis or final may have covered the transfers we had in mind and then some more.

Sort of agree but are you really saying it's down to scouts? I don't think buying RVP was down to scouting do you and he is the one transfer that will make the difference.If we had got him we would already be nailed on and far away.?

Pity we didn't spot Michu , when he was available for £2 million .....

not as high profile a player as RVP , but would almost certainly a have done a decent job for us in front of goal , if only as a back up striker ....

I agree he was a great buy but Dzeko is a far better back up player just look how many important goals he's scored for us, I think were okay with forwards its two decent wide men we need to balance us out.

livveder123 said:
Manchester United will win the league this year, I believe come February they may already be running away with it..

Although they havent played great football and in my opinion have gone backwards in recent years they have the know how on how to get the job done...

Manchester City players staff and co are still hung up on winning it last year and rightly so it was a big moment for the club...

However a few big signings come January and anything can happen.

lol, where do they get these user names from.

kp789 said:
I dont thinkso, but as I say that I doubt myself, so we will, but when I say that I doubt myself so we wont, but when I say that, I doubt myself so we will

Ooh , you doubtin' Thomas , you've got it bad .....

mind you i used to be indecisive too , or at least i think i was , now however , i'm not so sure !

Think weetabix head and van persie will get 20 goals each this season, we need our strikers to start banging them in, get some legs in mid-field in january, and we might pip them again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.