Are we going to win the League ?

play like we did yesterday and i think we will be happy in may.......a side note i have been one of Nasri's biggest critics but hands up he was awsome yestrday if he can appl himself like that for rest of the season i might forgive him for last week. zab is king also like to say yaya yesterday was majestic loved being captain..... african cup is only thing that will stop us winning thetitle again

blueshortshorts said:
If we can come out if the derby at the swamp level on points, then I fancy our run in , much more than theirs. Would also be good to meet them in the FA cup final!

I don't go along with people who claim a six point gap doesn't matter as we're only halfway through the season , and we have the time , and games left , to make it up .....

as with the Champions League , what has happened now is we've put ADDITIONAL PRESSURE on ourselves .... we had an excellent away win yesterday but got no nearer the rags , and we won't make any headway on them either , until they drop points .... already we find ourselves HAVING to win , and relying on others ...... and soon probably our best player will be absent for five weeks .

Losing that derby wasn't the right thing to do , and we're gonna HAVE to win the return game , by the looks of things .......

look how quick chelsea lost there lead at the top it can happen within a couple of weeks, if we can come out of the new year period three points behind i will beleive

OB1 said:
We should do but l'm not as confident as I was for 99% of last season. The Rags won't blow a big lead twice so we have to claw back some points quickly.

We can only claw back points if we win , or draw , and they lose ....... no title winner in the past ten years (probably more) has lost more than six games , and only two of those has actually lost that many , so that leaves us with an uphill battle already.

The rags have already lost three and that's probably gonna be their 'bad run' for the season ....... we've allowed this gap to exist , and now we face trying to make up six points on a team who usually finish strongly after Christmas , and did so yet again last season , only to lose out on goal difference.

marco said:
look how quick chelsea lost there lead at the top it can happen within a couple of weeks, if we can come out of the new year period three points behind i will beleive

Chelsea lost their lead because they themselves collapsed alarmingly ....

do you really thing the rags will collapse ... again ???

Wait until February and Utd are playing twice a week. Rooney is not going to be able to play every week, and when he doesn't they will drop points.

City played at a very high level in the 1st half at Newcastle. I don't think there's another club in the country except maybe Chelsea when they are in their game who could reach that level.

Marvin said:
Wait until February and Utd are playing twice a week. Rooney is not going to be able to play every week, and when he doesn't they will drop points.

City played at a very high level in the 1st half at Newcastle. I don't think there's another club in the country except maybe Chelsea when they are in their game who could reach that level.

Let's hope so , because the rags already have 14 wins from 17 games ... and that's already HALF of the total amount of wins that they managed last season , when finishing narrowly second.

We're gonna need much more of the superb stuff that we showed in that opening half at Newcastle yesterday to overhaul them ...... we can do it , but we HAVE to stay focused , keep the pressure on , and not relent on the cause.

If the rags get to 16/19 which is very possible then I don't see how there next 19 are any more difficult as they only have to go to spurs and arsenal of the bigger teams.

We still have to go to arsenal and everton where we rarely get anything.

I think winning at the swamp Will be required to even have a chance.

United are only 1 point ahead of the points they got last year on a like for like basis.

We're only 2 behind.

We just need to hunt them down like hunted us down last season. They will slip up again, we just need to make sure we're in a position to take advantage.

moomba said:
United are only 1 point ahead of the points they got last year on a like for like basis.

We're only 2 behind.

We just need to hunt them down like hunted us down last season. They will slip up again, we just need to make sure we're in a position to take advantage.

You sure moomba ?

after 18 games LAST season we had 14 wins , and 45 points ..... we also had a game in hand on the rags , who also had 45 points

that's only a game more than we've played this season ...

(if the rags win their next two games they will be , by my reckoning , three points better off than they were at the same stage last season)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.