Are we going to win the League ?

Why not the pond life across the swamp are not setting the world alight with their performances so get a good run of wins going and see what happens but I'm confident we can do it again!

First off congratulations on winning the premier league for 2011-2012 season.

So we all watched a great game on sunday, i just thought i would put my perspective on here for you guys to take apart and disect.

Before the game i was a little nervous, i felt both teams had been playing below expected standards building up to the game and i really wouldnt of liked to of had to back a team to win especially if i had to bet my house or car on it.

The game started as i expected it would with Manchester City coming out and looking like the home team, Manchester United (tactically or not) were forced to sit back and soak up some pressure and whilst doing that also ask Manchester City what do you have ?

Manchester City looked favourites to score first but with in 10 passes they found themselves 1-0 down to a decent goal from Wayne Rooney, Ashley young and Robin Van Persie linked up really well before Ashley Young set up Wayne Rooney.

I felt Joe Hart could maybe of done a little better and Rooney was fortunate to watch the ball roll through a Manchester City players legs and in to the back of the net.

However 1-0 up meant nothing to me and i immediatly thought right lads lets try and get another or atleast make it to halve time with a goal up.

For the next ten minutes or so both teams looked as if they was still going for goals, to my surprise valencia played a ball to Rafael who calmly layed it back to a unmarked un tracked Wayne Rooney who once again found the back of the net..

2-0 To Manchester United but i was still not happy, already i was seeing headlines stating Manchester City make an amazing come back etc.. I was just thinking hold it together lads. Building up to halve time i was on the edge of my seat shouting orders at the players via my television to keep calm and keep trying to counter.

2nd half and ill skip straight to the turning point of the game, Robin Van Persie has a great shot that comes off the post and Ashley young follows it up and sends the ball in to the back of the net, im jubiliant screaming and shouting with joy. Im thinking bloody hell not only are we going to beat these b*stards where going to pick them off all game and who knows what the score line will be. ( Usual optimistic stuff)

A few seconds later and the linesman has his flag up and im screaming at this point im effing and blinding,.. then i see a replay and just to confirm what i already new Ashley young was clearly onside. I keep telling myself hey it evens it self out over the corse of a season and that its ok were still two goals up and it will all be ok.. sometimes these things happen right ?,..

Then in what felt like a split second ive watched Manchester City go down the other end and force Da Gae to make two class saves and then i see Tevez cut it back to toure who calmly sends the ball in to back of the net.. i was sitting there and the exact words that left my mouth if i recall correctly where f*ck me !!!

I was screaming at the man united defenders, i was fuming at the linesman once more i was thinking wtf just do your f*king job man.. all that bullsh*t about these things evening themselves out had gone straight out of the window,.

Right squeaky bum time, Game on all to play for - momentum swing to Manchester City.

Gets in to the 80th minute where still hanging on thank god i think to myself i just want this game to finish now its f*cked with emotions enough.. im drained or atleast i thought i was,,..

85th minute up steps tevez to take the corner (after the reading game im thinking oh sh*t these f*ckers are going to do it).. ball gets headered out straight in to the path of Zabaleta, who slams it home in to back of the net...

My instant reaction again is to scream out f*ck f*ck f*ck whilst cursing the whole of the Manchester United team for not closing down the shot or for the fact that they left Zabaleta on the edge of the box unmarked. At this stage i feel myself slumb in to my chair feeling very shi**y about the fact that we may only get a point or even that we may even loose.. ( I really didnt want to go a week without reading a newspaper or having to avoid sky sports news etc ) I just cant take reading the sh*t they write.

Game resumes and im watching clichy f*ck about with the ball im thinking come on lads last chance steal it.. then Rafael goes down free kick to Manchester United.

I see Robin Van Persie step up and im looking at him and im thinking come on son show me why we paid 24 million pound for you..

BOOM the ball takes flight BAM it beats Hart and slams in to the back of the net, at this point ive got my co*k in hand and im running round my living room screaming f*ck you City f*ck you !!

I then see the replay of Rafael go down rather easily, i then witness Tevez walk away from the wall i then see Nasri hide and leave out that dangling leg..

Instantly i say to my self - It balances its self out, swings and roundabouts, today we was lucky, On another day we may not be so lucky.

End of it all i just love football - win or loose i love the emotions !

A win at Newcastle on Saturday then I am confident we will win the league, don't underestimate the Geordies they will be up for this one.
The rags have won at Liverpool, Chelsea and ours but there is one thing in common they had with those results, LUCK.
It won't last all season.

I don't really believe we will this year but I'm willing to be convinced yet. An arrival like De Rossi or an injury to RVP (not that I'd wish injury on anyone) could change it all so quickly. Last year the rags lost the league against Everton and Wigan we've just got to hope for more wildcards like that now.

However it goes I don't think United's fight back is built on long-term foundations, even if we don't crush their seat of power in a huge tidal wave it's still gently eroding away under them.

The rags HAVE had a bit of a bad run,they have lost THREE games already,we couldn't capitilise on that because we drew too many so not really pulling clear.If we had drawn or won the derby i would definately had said yes,now it is a lot more difficult.It will depend if we let that defeat deject us or galvanise us.

If we lose at Newcastle and United win at home to Sunderland making it a 9 point gap, I honestly think we are going to find it hard.

I really cannot see Fergie letting United capitulate like they did at the end of last season, they will have to lose 3 most likely 4 games for us to go in front! Who is to say we won't drop anymore points?

Newcastle at weekend is simply must win, anything can happen in the Premier League but giving United a 9 point lead going into new year is almost suicide if you ask me.

The next few matches will tell the story. The club could destabilize with a few losses and growing rumors of Mancini being sacked. A lot can go wrong in a short space of time with the transfer window, manager, and Balotelli in the mix. Is this a team that wants to fight on together as currently constructed? Hard to say.

Camo Bentley said:
The next few matches will tell the story. The club could destabilize with a few losses and growing rumors of Mancini being sacked. A lot can go wrong in a short space of time with the transfer window, manager, and Balotelli in the mix. Is this a team that wants to fight on together as currently constructed? Hard to say.
*sniff sniff*

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.