Are we going to win the League ?

black mamba said:
Chris in London said:
I think we will.

But even if we don't, in realistic terms, our worst case scenario is that we finish second in the league and do not win the FA Cup. We have of course already won the community shield.

Would that be a disaster?

Well last year, the scum won the community shield, then got knocked out of the champions league at the group stages, got knocked out of both domestic cups and finished second in the league to their bitterest rivals. Sound familiar?

The worst we are realistically likely to do is achieve exactly what the scum achieved last year. It isn't perfect but it is not exactly relegation form.

Would that scenario be enough for the Sheikh to trust Mancini with yet another transfer kitty in next summers window ??

And would that scenario be enough for those influential Spanish guys who have recently been brought in to back Mancini when the Sheikh and Khladoon review the managers situation???

I think so, because much as though I am personally glad van Persie didn't come, Mancini wanted him and didn't get him and look what he has done for the scum. I thin the story of this summer is 'when I say I want that player, if you back me I will be proved right'.

If we limp out of the group stages next year again, then unless we have been drawn in a third 'Group of Death' I think we may have a different story on our hands.

I don't think we will. It has nothing to do with the summer signings as I think that we did ok in the summer with the players available at the right prices.
People go on about Hazard etc.. but we were not willing to pay the money so we can not do anything about it. The reason why I think we will not win the league is two-fold, Bobby has us playing at a tempo that would suit Italy but does not suit the PL, if we pick up the pace by 5% we would be in with a great shout and second point is that too many of our players from last year just don't semm on it - Yaya, Kun, Nasri etc.. If we had bought no one in the summer we would have been fine if these players were playing to their previous levels or at least somewhere near

Airbags Optional said:
I don't think we will. It has nothing to do with the summer signings as I think that we did ok in the summer with the players available at the right prices.
People go on about Hazard etc.. but we were not willing to pay the money so we can not do anything about it. The reason why I think we will not win the league is two-fold, Bobby has us playing at a tempo that would suit Italy but does not suit the PL, if we pick up the pace by 5% we would be in with a great shout and second point is that too many of our players from last year just don't semm on it - Yaya, Kun, Nasri etc.. If we had bought no one in the summer we would have been fine if these players were playing to their previous levels or at least somewhere near

Yes , some of our players are struggling for consistency right now , at a time when our rivals have gone six points clear ..... and it's pretty clear to me that , Nastasic aside , who appears a reasonable buy , none of the other players we brought in can do much to alter our present day situation.

To be honest we HAVE to win at Newcastle for two reasons ...... first, as a statement of intent to the rags , and everyone else who doubts us ..... and secondly , because if we don't . we're gonna find ourselves NINE points adrift , and even allowing for the amount of games left , that's a 'mountain' to have to have scale to get back into it .... AND you'd have to rely on the rags hittiing a serious bad patch.

Probably not this season. Lots of weird things happening, lots of injuries and lots of changes around the club. Not too bothered twice in a row would be some achievement and im not sure we are at the twice in a row level yet

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Not too bothered twice in a row would be some achievement and im not sure we are at the twice in a row level yet

Well we never have been , that's for sure .... and we'd have to create yet more 'history' to do it.

It's taken us 75 years to win our three top flight titles (1937-1968-2012)

But the rags went from 1967-1993 (26 years) without a title win , before Fergie won his first one , and look what's happened since .... so anything is possible ...... it's all about having , and believing in , that winning mentality!

On the downside:

- they have played two fewer home games than us
- in the next 4 matches, they have 3 at home and we have 3 away .. so we're likley to be more than 6 points behind at the end of that
- looks like they will only drop a total of 9pts in the whole first half of the season, which suddenly makes a 6-point gap look rather large

On the upside:
- they can lose unexpectedly, eg: Norwich
- we are better than them.

We may find we need to win at OT toward the end of the season to give ourselves a chance, though !

I'm afraid that RVP winner made a huge difference to everything - we'd be top now if we'd nicked it instead of them, and then the table would look completely different.

Hey Roberto , ya cannae come ta our place an score six gools again , i nearly loost ma fuckin job after that !

I had ta turn to mae whiskee ta cope , en am i'm still feelin' a bit queasy!

An donch you lot dare win that title again this season , or i'll definetely be up the fuckin' rood !

2jabui8.jpg

Oh dont a worry Alex , ees only a game , let's a notta argue an fight again , i gotta cold .... you wanna try working weev dat Mario Balotelli , he wont a listeen to a word i say ....... every week i a gonna get da sack , but i still 'ere .... i gotta good team , but sometimes i gotta not so good a team , sometimes we are a good , i don't a know ........

anyway if wee both loos our job , maybee we could a go into da businees togther , "do ya know anyeefin about a da fishing"?

More confident that we'll win the league than I was this time last season.

black mamba said:
Airbags Optional said:

Yes , some of our players are struggling for consistency right now , at a time when our rivals have gone six points clear ..... and it's pretty clear to me that , Nastasic aside , who appears a reasonable buy , none of the other players we brought in can do much to alter our present day situation.

To be honest we HAVE to win at Newcastle for two reasons ...... first, as a statement of intent to the rags , and everyone else who doubts us ..... and secondly , because if we don't . we're gonna find ourselves NINE points adrift , and even allowing for the amount of games left , that's a 'mountain' to have to have scale to get back into it .... AND you'd have to rely on the rags hittiing a serious bad patch.

Agree with that entirely.

After the sick swan last year, what did the rags do? Got a scruffy 1-0 win at Everton. They were demoralised and on the ropes, yet they turned it around and turned a 5 point deficit into an 8 point lead. (Bwahahahahaha). That 1-0 win was the first step along the way.

Chelsea are going to be cast adrift over the next week or two because of their Wolrd Club involvement in Japan. And because of timings, a win on Saturday might just turn up the pressure on the rags in time for when they play. So if anyone is going to put them under pressure, it is going to be us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.