Are we looking to sign a striker?

Would not mind Ibra on free as second or third choice striker if after someone of real quality for the longer term Kane or Lakaku I know we have loads of money but given we seem to need a new midfield and perhaps two new full backs Could we get a a decent loan fee for Iheanacho ?

There is some legitimacy to this argument. But I believe that's where bringing in players like Dembele (a winger) comes in. Bring in Dembele, And you have 4 guys who can start at striker. The 2 strikers, Sterling and Dembele (or someone of that ilk).

But having 3 designated strikers seem a waste to me. Even with all the injuries this season, I still feels like Nacho didn't get enough games to fully develop. Talk less next year when he should be a bonafied fullltime Striker.

Is in still available on a free in the summer ? Very good shout if so

Don't know how cheap Cavani will be, but I thought the reason he was available was because he didn't like not playing in his preferred position. He is bound to have the same problem here. Aguero is our 9.

In terms of a forward who fits the bill (I.e. can play wide and move to the Middle in the absence of Aguero) the 3 obvious choices are Dybala, Aubemayang, and Griezmann.

I personally would have gone the really young route. Bring in Ousmane Dembele and Gabriel Jesus, not necessarily as replacements for Aguero but jut great young attacking talents.

I'd show faith in Nacho and Sterling's ability to hold the spot down if Aguero has short term injuries.Most want someone serious who could sub in. My sense is that those players are already here in Sterling and Kelechi.

But I understand those who worry about Aguero's injury history and want someone well established who can also play wide. Those 3 above make the most sense for such people.

If it were up to me, I'd set my eyes on Dembele and Jesus.

I didn't know that about Cavani sick of playing on the left. So scratch him off my preferred list. If the rumors of Pogba happening are true (god please, 1 time) then strike Dybala off the list. Aubameyang would be fucking amazing for me but I highly doubt he wants to come and play on the right after the amazing run he has been on. I just don't think Athleti is in a position to let Griezman go nor do I think he wants to but that would be fantastic if it could happen.

Chicharito would be nice but I think he needs to be playing regularly, plus bayern isn't in a position to really let him go. I'd shit my pants if we got Zlatan but that's probably not going to happen.

The man I would love to go for is Lacazette. He's had a bit of a dip in form and they are battling for a CL spot ATM. If they miss out in the CL we might be able to get him for a decent price.

Nabil Fekir? If he's over his injury, young, can play in all the attacking positions and has a bit of everything in his game. He's got that stocky, strong Aguero like build. Maybe cheaper this Summer too, since the hype has died down due to missing most of this season.

Morata would be a perfect second striker for us. Was brilliant last night. he's not the most prolific but he has a lot to his game and should accept a slightly lesser role than a bigger name striker like Higuain or Cavani. Aguero, Morata and Kelechi would be a great trio.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.