Are we looking to sign a striker?

And that will actually be the case forever unless we actually let him work and progress.

He will get plenty of time to work & progress under a proper manager, so long as he performs upto a decent standard. That doesn't mean we have to treat him as a no 1 or 2 striker. No 3 or 4 is quite adequate for a kid his age provided the manager is someone willing to use him & that he keeps his standards up.

He will get plenty of time to work & progress under a proper manager, so long as he performs upto a decent standard. That doesn't mean we have to treat him as a no 1 or 2 striker. No 3 or 4 is quite adequate for a kid his age provided the manager is someone willing to use him & that he keeps his standards up.
On a team that starts 1 striker, being the #3 Striker is not adequate. You either have gim as your 2 or loan him out if you are not sure.the #3 striker position are normally for old ex stars taking up a cheque in an emergency role. Not a developing talent.

And that will actually be the case forever unless we actually let him work and progress.
Think you misunderstood my meaning of the comment on Nacho. He is a highly talented young man that we all see as being a future star. However if Kun is injured again and Bony is gone he is not ready for the responsibility that will be placed upon him as the No. 1 striker.

On a team that starts 1 striker, being the #3 Striker is not adequate. You either have gim as your 2 or loan him out if you are not sure.the #3 striker position are normally for old ex stars taking up a cheque in an emergency role. Not a developing talent.

#3 at City isn't a true #3 since our #1 is a bit of a crock. Sorry, but it has to be said.

Think you misunderstood my meaning of the comment on Nacho. He is a highly talented young man that we all see as being a future star. However if Kun is injured again and Bony is gone he is not ready for the responsibility that will be placed upon him as the No. 1 striker.
That will always be the case unless we actually play him. Some have been touting Bellerin for our RB position, forgetting had he been here 2 years ago, he'd still be considered a highly talented youngster who can't shoulder being #1. Now most think he might be the #1 RB in the league period.

Aguero being ahead of Nacho, limits him enough. Whwn Aguero is injured or just periodically, to keep Aguero fresh, we should start him consistently. Dude is the same age as Coman and Kimich at Munich. Both of whom have taken their opportunities with injuries to starters.

If he is good enough, let him back up Aguero, if not then get rid and find someone who is. This penchant to keep relegating him to 3rd Striker, serves no one.

#3 at City isn't a true #3 since our #1 is a bit of a crock. Sorry, but it has to be said.
Still is. Unless our #2 is also a crock. You want Nacho starting 25 to 30 games next season. Either he is good enough or he isn't. But making him the backup to the backup does him no good.

Still is. Unless our #2 is also a crock. You want Nacho starting 25 to 30 games next season. Either he is good enough or he isn't. But making him the backup to the backup does him no good.
I would rather Sergio starts every game next season with nacho coming on 20/30 mins from the end.

Point I keep trying to make.
i know, I think people have it in their heads Aguero is much more injury prone than he is apart from 2 seasons ago he hasn't played less than 40 games including being rested for cup games and barring a disaster in the closing weeks will be just over 40 this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.