Are we looking to sign a striker?

Iheanacho's (likely) absence for 6 weeks in January/February is something we absolutely need to factor in, if Bony is still around then he'll be missing too no doubt. Could you imagine if Aguero picked up one of his not so infrequent injuries around the same time? We'd be screwed for strikers. We really do need to add another one, potentially 2 if we actually sell Bony.
If my memory is correct this is largely how Bony arrived last season. We had no strikers over Christmas and a certain amount of panic set in. I also seem to recall that we done alright without an established nine.

Trust your opinion. He was the best I could come up with as far as possibly being cheap, experienced, willing to take a diminished role and a bonus to the window etc..

Any specific players that you'd have in mind? Genuinely curious what you think if you could grab somebody.
Don't know how cheap Cavani will be, but I thought the reason he was available was because he didn't like not playing in his preferred position. He is bound to have the same problem here. Aguero is our 9.

In terms of a forward who fits the bill (I.e. can play wide and move to the Middle in the absence of Aguero) the 3 obvious choices are Dybala, Aubemayang, and Griezmann.

I personally would have gone the really young route. Bring in Ousmane Dembele and Gabriel Jesus, not necessarily as replacements for Aguero but jut great young attacking talents.

I'd show faith in Nacho and Sterling's ability to hold the spot down if Aguero has short term injuries.Most want someone serious who could sub in. My sense is that those players are already here in Sterling and Kelechi.

But I understand those who worry about Aguero's injury history and want someone well established who can also play wide. Those 3 above make the most sense for such people.

If it were up to me, I'd set my eyes on Dembele and Jesus.

Don't know how cheap Cavani will be, but I thought the reason he was available was because he didn't like not playing in his preferred position. He is bound to have the same problem here. Aguero is our 9.

In terms of a forward who fits the bill (I.e. can play wide and move to the Middle in the absence of Aguero) the 3 obvious choices are Dybala, Aubemayang, and Griezmann.

I personally would have gone the really young route. Bring in Ousmane Dembele and Gabriel Jesus, not necessarily as replacements for Aguero but jut great young attacking talents.

I'd show faith in Nacho and Sterling's ability to hold the spot down if Aguero has short term injuries.Most want someone serious who could sub in. My sense is that those players are already here in Sterling and Kelechi.

But I understand those who worry about Aguero's injury history and want someone well established who can also play wide. Those 3 above make the most sense for such people.

+1 Dembele.

No way would dybala, griezzman or aubameyang come. Why would we spend 50 mil on a sub striker? Why would they want to sit on the bench. Cavani is a long shot but i would throw bony plus 10 mil at them.

No way would dybala, griezzman or aubameyang come. Why would we spend 50 mil on a sub striker? Why would they want to sit on the bench. Cavani is a long shot but i would throw bony plus 10 mil at them.
That's the point. They wouldn't seat on the bench, coz those 3 can play as wide forwards opposite Sterling. And then move to the top if Aguero is out.

Dembele is a good prospect, but he's not centre forward.
Don't want him as a Center forward. Think he can become a high scoring wide forward like Griezmann or Neymar. And that's what we should go for.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.