Are we looking to sign a striker?

Gundogan Pogba De Bruyne? Silva? Dinho? Xhaka?
Let's see who we get first. But based on who's already here, my sense is Sterling on one wing, DeBryune playing the Mueller role. Midfield seems an area where change will happen. So I assume Gundogan and Pogba/Bazoer/Xhaka. Don't think we are getting 3.

Silva and DeBryune will probably play in the same positions.

Dihno plays more in the positions with the new guys (Gundogan, Pogba, Bazman etc)

Let's see who we get first. But based on who's already here, my sense is Sterling on one wing, DeBryune playing the Mueller role. Midfield seems an area where change will happen. So I assume Gundogan and Pogba/Bazoer/Xhaka. Don't think we are getting 3.

Silva and DeBryune will probably play in the same positions.

Dihno plays more in the positions with the new guys (Gundogan, Pogba, Bazman etc)
So Silva wont play? Doubt it

So Silva wont play? Doubt it
He'd be rotated and have a lesser role. But that's just my sense. He might end up not being here at all or we might end up with a Midfield 3 of Silva DeBryune and a new CM.

My sense is that DeBryune will be similar to our Mueller. How that affects Silva's role or even DeBryune's I don't know.

But to return to the point of my original claim, I never suggested any of those players would come, simply saying those 3 were wide forwards who also play as striker. So if you wanted that level of quality to backup Aguero, the only way you get it is if they can Start at other positions normally.

By the way, those 3 are more likely than Cavani because they can start wide and are okay with it. Cavani on the other hand doesn't want to.

And if we got any one of those 3, they'd be starters here.

An attacking player who can score, but is adaptable, is the likely replacement for Bony, I imagine.

Not a good idea to go through from season to season without freshening the attacking options as they run out of ideas. And Aguero of course goes missing for large periods so we have to either keep Bony or sign someone else who can play as a forward.

An attacking player who can score, but is adaptable, is the likely replacement for Bony, I imagine.

Not a good idea to go through from season to season without freshening the attacking options as they run out of ideas. And Aguero of course goes missing for large periods so we have to either keep Bony or sign someone else who can play as a forward.

Totally agree that if we sell Bony then we must bring in another goalscorer whether that be a forward or attacking midfield player. Sergio will always pick up injuries and Nacho is still work in progress.

Totally agree that if we sell Bony then we must bring in another goalscorer whether that be a forward or attacking midfield player. Sergio will always pick up injuries and Nacho is still work in progress.
And that will actually be the case forever unless we actually let him work and progress.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.