Are we now the 2nd biggest club in England?

Damocles said:
We're not as big a club as Arsenal, United, Liverpool and Chelsea.

We're probably a bit smaller than Spurs and Newcastle, but around the same size as Everton and Aston Villa (who are on their way down the bigness scale whilst we are on the way up and are meeting in the middle).

"Big" doesn't mean "top of the league and in the limelight for two years". Big clubs have huge, international fanbases cultivated over decades of success and attention.

Of course, big is a subjective term. We're big compared to Gillingham. We aren't big compared to United.

The only way that we'll become the 2nd biggest club in England any time in the next decade is if we buy Liverpool and merge with them.

To be honest I fail to see how Newcastle are bigger than Villa. Due to recent bandwagoning, I'd say we now have a bigger international following than all three of those other non-sky four clubs mentioned. As uncool it might sound to say it, compare our levels of Facebook fans.

I post on 4chan's /sp/ board a lot and the amount of yanks and miscellaneous foreigners who claim to support City there is already huge compared to those three clubs mentioned, and actually not far off Chelsea, albeit some way behind Arsenal and nowhere near Liverpool and United. Admittedly that's anecdotal though, but Facebook fans isn't.

Hi mcmanus. Yes it may seem strange but everyone knew a lot about City through Roque and generally he is very well thought of, especially having played for Olimpia (king of the cups); hopefully a name City will be labelled with in the future. Paraguayan TV isn't brilliant but they get a lot of channels on their digital TVs from around the world but especially Argentina, also not brilliant but a lot better, and with our connection with Aguero, Zaba and Tevez, a lot of Paraguayan people have known about City; especially since our FA Cup win and the demolition derby. A lot of people are getting into City and with the country only having a population of about 6 million people, those with ID cards that are known of, they are watching us and the interest is spreading, especially with me helping in my own small way by encouraging them to support God's own team.

For all your inherited/gifted wealth you are still pre-occupied by the thoughts of 2000 random fans and the 3% who have chosen Everton . Lets face facts , you will never overtake them as the 4th most successful team in English football despite your Michael Carroll type lottery win , you are Man City :D you will soon sink back into your comfortable cell of oblivion . You will fail .... big style ... heed the warning .. Form is temporary , class is permanent and one thing Man City lack in abundance is CLASS !!! :D

arthur said:
For all your inherited/gifted wealth you are still pre-occupied by the thoughts of 2000 random fans and the 3% who have chosen Everton . Lets face facts , you will never overtake them as the 4th most successful team in English football despite your Michael Carroll type lottery win , you are Man City :D you will soon sink back into your comfortable cell of oblivion . You will fail .... big style ... heed the warning .. Form is temporary , class is permanent and one thing Man City lack in abundance is CLASS !!! :D

Everton, Class? hahahahahahahahaha

Funny to see all those toffees out there at the moment who are so opposed to our ownership, just begging for a lottery win like ours.

arthur said:
You looking forward to a season in the Champs?

(I mean Ship not League obviously)

moomba said:
Funny to see all those toffees out there at the moment who are so opposed to our ownership, just begging for a lottery win like ours.

Michael Carroll won the lottery had a great time while he shoved it all up his nose and now he's a binman again in a council flat with his ' new ' mates long gone ....

ManCarroll City ... has a nice ring to it don't you think :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.