Are we over rated?

GaudinoMotors said:
mammutly said:
Jesus Christ Almighty! Are we over rated?

Are we fucking over rated?

I have read some shit on here over the years, but are we over rated? Seriously?

How about we are a good side now? We are good. That is surely bleedin obvious.

Over rated, my arse.

Your arse is hanging

Bollocks. Too many people on this forum play their football on an X box.

We win the Capital One Cup, we could well win the premiership, we might even we the CL yet.

There are about 19 other teams in the premier league who wish they were as over rated as us.

As a non City fan, the idea that City are over rated (excuse my French) is bollox.

You have a fantastic team. I thought Pellegrini gambled today thinking Barca away was more important and so he started with some squad players some of whom thought turning up was enough.

Having said that, I don't see why he rates DeMichelis.

Look every club has an off day. Another day it might have been different.

Gillespie said:
As a non City fan, the idea that City are over rated (excuse my French) is bollox.

You have a fantastic team. I thought Pellegrini gambled today thinking Barca away was more important and so he started with some squad players some of whom thought turning up was enough.

Thanks for talking some sense, sometimes it takes an outside perspective

Ducado said:
Gillespie said:

Thanks for talking some sense, sometimes it takes an outside perspective

Agree maybe 75% but we do seem to need an alternative approach for playing against teams well down the pecking order (no, not just Wigan). How about 4-3-3 with three tight midfielders and the front three forcing the opposition to keep four back. Surely then any three out of Milner, Garcia, Toure, Ferd and Rodwell could do the midfield jobs with Silva, Nasri and a central striker up front?

Gillespie said:

Thanks neutral.

Can every knee jerker just read that.

mammutly said:
Jesus Christ Almighty! Are we over rated?

Are we fucking over rated?

I have read some shit on here over the years, but are we over rated? Seriously?

How about we are a good side now? We are good. That is surely bleedin obvious.

Over rated, my arse.
A few weeks back (the night of the 5-1 at WHL, I think), a famous pundit stated we were ''the best team on the planet''. Over-rated? Just a bit!

If City are overrated, it's by a portion of their own fans, not outsiders...

Outsiders know that City is a strong team, with great pieces, that are still trying to find their identity. It doesnt come in 1 yr... or 2... not even 3 or 5. Finding a team identity takes many years and no amount of money can rush it.

City can win the league... the cup... the CL? Sure... why not? But as I mentioned in an earlier post - for City to become like Pep's Barca, or Sacchi's Milan it takes ages of trial and error.

You're still young, grasshoppers. You'll get there.

If winning it all were that easy everyone would do it

To be fair to city, today was a bit of a freak result, they could have scored 5 or 6 in the last 20 minutes alone. I dont think the barcelona tie is over yet, I can see city surprising a few people on Tuesday.

Might want to revisit this thread at the end of the season too, city were 8 points behind without the games in hand and won the league before . Too many people seem to be giving up too easily.

Over rated is not the right question to ask anyway, because its subjective. Even teams that win everything can be overrated, or underrated.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.