Are we the only tired ones?

I'm so angry with the media for playing with 10 men and scoring in the last minute on Saturday. It's all corrupt.

Squatter said:
I'm so angry with the media for playing with 10 men and scoring in the last minute on Saturday. It's all corrupt.

Yeah, I noticed that as well.

Tha Daily Mirror committed a couple of really bad fouls, while The Telegraph dived a couple of times for free-kicks.

And if it wasn't for that twat The Daily Star scoring with a header... I reckon we might have got a point.

Mind you, I've heard we might be in for The Times in the summer, so all is not lost yet...

blueinsa said:
A squad of 25 top quality players with the very best in medical care, post match massage etc with 2 top class players for every position should mean that "Tiredness" should never enter the equation.

Unfortunately, we don't have a squad of 25 and we have to ask the question, why?

We also continue to have square pegs in round holes and again, why?

Don't forget the very best in snoods, gloves and hot water bottles...lol

Kingsizeblueslims said:
blueinsa said:
A squad of 25 top quality players with the very best in medical care, post match massage etc with 2 top class players for every position should mean that "Tiredness" should never enter the equation.

Unfortunately, we don't have a squad of 25 and we have to ask the question, why?

We also continue to have square pegs in round holes and again, why?

Don't forget the very best in snoods, gloves and hot water bottles...lol
It really makes me piss all this tired nonsense, up to the age of 30 I played rugby on saturday, football on sunday worked in the week and went training after work twice a week and loved every minute of it ( and had to pay subs) now I know I only played at a shit level but never did I hear anybody complain they were to tired to play...........pissed yes.

I do think the tiredness thing is a bit of an excuse.
But surely we can all see that some players are nackered though?

Yaya Toure looked like he was gonna collapse against Chelsea, even Tevez has looked tired recently

Soulboy said:
Blue Mooner said:
Shame our fans don't apply the same logic when our fans continually tell some of our players they are sh*t. Probably get into their heads that they are sh*t.

As for tiredness, clearly if you have played more games and had less time to recover from a game than the team you are competing against then that puts you at a disadvantage.

The shame is that at the start of the season we were continually reminded by the pundits that they coudl not see how we were we going to keep all our players happy as we have such a large squad. I knew that to compete effectively a large squad is an absolute must and players must accept that they will not play every game.

The result was a load of unhappy players that Mancini felt he had to let go to give them games. No point keeping players that are moping about.

Conversely the media incessently talked about the impressive depth of Spurs squad and guess what they keep their players together. Same situation completely different slant by the media. I lost count of how many times I heard the deiffering perspectives when it came to us and Spurs. This is not my paranoia this is fact.

Its time the fans woke up to the media and stop being so easily manipulated.

Ah, so the "media" sold or loaned out our players?

And the "media" failed to strengthen the squad sufficiently in January?

That makes sense. You'r right mate, it's not Mancini's fault then.

Bastard media...

You just don't get it.

On the one hand we have people moaning that Mancini goes on so much about tiredness and that it will make the players think they're tired.

Conversely is it not therefore possible that the media went on and on and on about the size of our squad and keeping everyone happy to the extent that we had players who began to think that they couldn't be happy just being part of a squad. You may think that the media had no influence in unsettling our squad I beg to differ. With unsettled, troublesome players who were not happy being squad players what was Mancini to do ? Keep players who didn't want to be there ?

Due to squad size restrictions and FFP we couldn't just continually add to our squad in Jan when we hadn't permanently got rid of players who don't want to be there and had to go on loan. Otherwise we would have lots of players who maybe we couldn't sell coming back next season, on top of players we may have signed in Jan, who simply wouldn't next season have even been in the 25, let alone part of a squad. You're failing to think things through properly.

Conversely the rags and spurs had sqauds with as much depth as we had at the start of the season but no mention of keeping their players 'happy', and guess what they have a large squad that they are using to their maximum.

You may not see a connection but I certainly do.

Blue Mooner said:
Soulboy said:
Ah, so the "media" sold or loaned out our players?

And the "media" failed to strengthen the squad sufficiently in January?

That makes sense. You'r right mate, it's not Mancini's fault then.

Bastard media...

You just don't get it.

On the one hand we have people moaning that Mancini goes on so much about tiredness and that it will make the players think they're tired.

Conversely is it not therefore possible that the media went on and on and on about the size of our squad and keeping everyone happy to the extent that we had players who began to think that they couldn't be happy just being part of a squad. You may think that the media had no influence in unsettling our squad I beg to differ. With unsettled, troublesome players who were not happy being squad players what was Mancini to do ? Keep players who didn't want to be there ?

Due to squad size restrictions and FFP we couldn't just continually add to our squad in Jan when we hadn't permanently got rid of players who don't want to be there and had to go on loan. Otherwise we would have lots of players who maybe we couldn't sell coming back next season, on top of players we may have signed in Jan, who simply wouldn't next season have even been in the 25, let alone part of a squad. You're failing to think things through properly.

Conversely the rags and spurs had sqauds with as much depth as we had at the start of the season but no mention of keeping their players 'happy', and guess what they have a large squad that they are using to their maximum.

You may not see a connection but I certainly do.

I don't wish to sound cruel mate... but this is raging paranoia!

Not a single member of the media made Mancini do anything. He's a grown up, not a kid... he can make his own decisions.

If the media had power over anything to do with Manchester City, then Mancini would have been sacked ages ago!

boring stat alert....

using http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ i examined the minutes played for some teams - includes any matches (cup, europe, prem etc) and is for any player

--------------city------arsenal-----manure-----chelsea-----tot-----liv----vill
total minutes-48049----48529------45620------42552------43284--44914--37939

City and Arsenal both have some more than the rest - Arsenal have also stuttered recently? - fixture congestion having an effect?

City, Arse and Chelsea have all used 27 players - Manure and Tott - 31

average minutes per player
-city------arsenal-----manure-----chelsea-----tot-----liv-----vill
1780------1797-------1472--------1576-------1396---1497---1084

on average, City and Arse have played about 300 minutes more than Manure - or over 4 matches (about 2 more than Chelsea)

not making excuses but maybe there is something in the amount of games played having an effect - tiredness + travel + lack of preparation = shitbag

Lets be fair here the 10 players ran their socks off on thursday and then have to play less than 3 days later...Chelsea had an extra day after their stroll. Lets see how they play after the Int Break. The only thing about yeasterday was he set the team up for a bore draw even if they were tired this Chelsea team were there for the taking.

Keeping the faith.
CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.