Are we turning into glory hunters?

Gloryhunter it's a person who wish to support the successful and strong football club or football project.
I`m from Ukraine. English isn't my native language, so I don`t exactly understand difference between supporter and fan.

the point is they (glory hunters) don't understand losing and then lose it big time manchester city fans are or was never like that. yes the moaning back then was understandably about the club and how it was being run and chairman and the board settling for 2nd best and yoyo the leagues there is not future or plans set for targets to hit by the team or manager or chairman you really had to love manchester city and winning silverware was never asked by the fans so we can see a glory hunter a mile away

I'm not a glory hunter but I have high (realistic) expectation now. The last three matches have hurt far more than they would have done had we gotten excited about signing Samaras and building a team around him.
That’s how I feel mate. I’m still in shock we didn’t win one of those 3 games given how magnificent we have been at times this season and even in the first half of the last two games. It beggars belief nearly as much as some of those horrific decisions beggars belief. One bad decision in one of the games is bad enough but every game was littered with huge errors by officials. I’m still seething about the last 3 games and not looking forward o spurs game.

To me a glory hunter is someone that latches onto a team when they start winning things and are popular,if you live on the other side of the world and have followed us when we were shit you are not a gloryhunter

this whole thread is stupid started because people were pissed off about the derby,fuck all to do with gloryhunting
exactly this Karen. A couple of bad results and all weird threats get started

Lost at anfield was fed up, next day fuck it derby day on the way and another leg.

Derby loss was gutted. ecause of the manner
next day fuck it lets twat liverpool

lost tuesday. pissed off. more woth the be t ref and sloppy goals.
Next day fuck it spurs on sat.

If we went dow. as when I was young, after a while would be fuck it new season new grounds

Whereas a glory hunter would in the last scenario, choose to follow someone else who is winning at the time.

When we talk of glory hunter fans I think we're really discussing motivation and that is very tricky to analyse. I think it's naive to think we haven't attracted a fair few glory hunters along the way, but I am categorically not one of them! Like a lot of City fans I was given no choice. My grandfather started to watch City shortly after coming across the Pennines from Leeds around 1900. It may have been as a result of the cup win of 1903-4 and so he may have been an early glory hunter. My father was taken to City as a boy and all my uncles on his side and my mum's were City fans and so when I was born it was as natural as breathing that eventually I would accompany them to Maine Road; my first match was the derby with United in 1955! Many families follow this pattern but I don't think you have to have lived all your life in Manchester or near it to be a genuine City fan. Mancunians are all over the world today as this site testifies, but even in the 1960s City had supporters groups (mostly expat Mancs) in many countries. With the television coverage of the PL today these have grown in number as has the number of foreign City fans. Some will be City fans so that they can taunt their friends that we win while they lose and so on, but others will be attracted by the quality of City's play (especially since Pep arrived) and by the romance of the Agurroooooo moment and the like (even though there isn't anything else remotely like that! For some the new found loyalty will fade with the passing of time but for others it will become one of the fixed points in their lives. Let us just hope that they never have to relive the experience that all of us who kept the faith through the 80s and 90s. Let's hope they never go through a season where the last goal they see at home is on Jan 1! That really does sort the men out from the boys.

Gloryhunter it's a person who wish to support the successful and strong football club or football project.
I`m from Ukraine. English isn't my native language, so I don`t exactly understand difference between supporter and fan.

My definition would be any fan only interested when we are winning and move on when the going gets tough

As @karen7 has explained, it doesn't matter where you are in the world, if you have simply switched to being a blue because of our recent success, you would be categorised a gloryseeker.

I know for example that there is an Australian supporters group that are as passionate about City as any match going fan and they get up at all hours of the morning, drive to a sports venue to watch us play on a big screen.

Its disingenuous to say that anyone abroad is an instant glory seeker - we are definitely generating a new worldwide fanbase which is brilliant and only time will tell if they stay loyal to City through thick and thin.

Its disingenuous to say that anyone abroad is an instant glory seeker - we are definitely generating a new worldwide fanbase which is brilliant
Exactly.
only time will tell if they stay loyal to City through thick and thin.
They`ll stay. In the modern football marketing and promotion play a major role. Arsenal has a big fanbase all over the world. United isn`t winning titles but possibly has the biggest fanbase in the world.

My definition would be any fan only interested when we are winning and move on when the going gets tough

As @karen7 has explained, it doesn't matter where you are in the world, if you have simply switched to being a blue because of our recent success, you would be categorised a gloryseeker.

I know for example that there is an Australian supporters group that are as passionate about City as any match going fan and they get up at all hours of the morning, drive to a sports venue to watch us play on a big screen.

Its disingenuous to say that anyone abroad is an instant glory seeker - we are definitely generating a new worldwide fanbase which is brilliant and only time will tell if they stay loyal to City through thick and thin.

i think alot have missed my point of (glory hunter)

its based on fans going over the top after getting beat in a league game to united and pointing fingers at pep and moaning about the players not turning up. its nothing to do with manchester city fan base new or old just them moaning fuckers who can not take lose a league game even when the league title is in the bag

them scum bags over the road are glory hunters and hate losing every single game they play even when its manchester city the wheels come off even when it does not really matter about losing and it will not change the title race. it nothing about the world wide fan base like i said in a early post all fans welcome even from mars or the moon could not care less new fans are welcome with open arms

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.