Are we turning into glory hunters?

To me a glory hunter is someone that latches onto a team when they start winning things and are popular,if you live on the other side of the world and have followed us when we were shit you are not a gloryhunter

this whole thread is stupid started because people were pissed off about the derby,fuck all to do with gloryhunting

football is just too fickle.

take my team West Ham for example... we want to keep the old identity, we want to play good traditional football, we want jellied pie and eels and the old 30,000 stadium back - hell some even want us to get relegated so we can go to 'proper grounds'

Yet! .. fans demand we spend billions on new players, win every game and play attacking football.

you cant win.

In the case of the Hammers that literally true ;-)

I'm not sure what message you are trying to convey but you do not have to be from this country to be a City supporter. There are many passionate City fans across all four corners.
Your definition of glory hunter was churlish at best

Where do you live?
Gloryhunter it's a person who wish to support the successful and strong football club or football project.
I`m from Ukraine. English isn't my native language, so I don`t exactly understand difference between supporter and fan.

Kind of a silly question, no?

We have great and terrible supporters everywhere, in Manchester and abroad. Is there really a solid definition of glory hunter?

I've lived my whole life in Canada and grew up watching the premier league. As a youngster I followed players more than clubs, which causes you to watch certain clubs more than others, and occasionally you experience moments that bring you closer to one club over the others. I can pinpoint the start of my affection for City well before 2008, but no doubt my interest increased when we brought in players like Silva, Toure and Aguero. I watch week in and week out and feel the same highs and lows. Are the emotions as extreme as someone who grew up in Manchester and sat in Maine Road? How the heck could I know? How the heck could you know ?!

I can understand the anger towards international "fans" that come to games and just take selfies, sitting in their seats in silence or groaning, but aren't there Mancunians that do the same thing?

So am I a plastic glory hunter? It just seems like a useless debate.

The day the Premier league was beamed all over the world, the concept that the only "authentic" fan was the match going fan died.

You're right, this is a useless debate, the truth is the Sheikh bought City for fans like you, not season ticket holders like me, there's no right or wrong, better or worse, it is simply a fact.

I really hate this type of post I am 3rd generation manc and City fan I don't have a manc accent now due having lived in kent for last 50 years but I was born in Manchester. Now my lads are 4th generation of City fans and my kid brother his family is now 5th Generation due to him being a granddad. Our family is 100% City living among all this plastic reds. I see a lad going to school a City fan and yes he isn't from a City family but I still welcome him and we have a quick chat about City when we can , I gave him a signed picture of Hart and Kompany, personally I welcome all City fans .......

glory hunters are from all over the world mate and manchester too. jumping on the bang wagon when things are coming up smelling of roses that's a glory hunter. and i never questioned any fans of manchester city if they understand the club and history then the hard core fans will welcome you open handed. but the moaners going on about pep this pep that does he know its a big game and lose a premier league game or cup game is shocking and must go and leave

10 years ago the dream was premier league midtable spot and maybe a good cup run not much to right home about or inspire new fans to come and watch city. now that's all changed and for the better but them fans from 10 years ago are still the same and fined it hard to understand what the fuck is all the moaning about. am like everybody else love winning silverware its magic. but we have to handle losing better and don't finger point and call for action after dropping 3 points or getting knocked out of the cups

we just go again next season and try our best and hope the fans come back to support the team and club its never easy winning silverware every season and this season is looking great with one already in the bag but the moaners after the united and liverpool games really need a head wobble

Last edited:
I'm not a glory hunter but I have high (realistic) expectation now. The last three matches have hurt far more than they would have done had we gotten excited about signing Samaras and building a team around him.

Gloryhunter it's a person who wish to support the successful and strong football club or football project.
I`m from Ukraine. English isn't my native language, so I don`t exactly understand difference between supporter and fan.
Привет ;)

If you like City, and you are not from Manchester, that's means gloryhunter. Fans from another countries are 100% gloryhunters.
True fan is only from Manchester, and maybe visited Maine Road.
My son was born in Pompey does that make him a glory hunter. True he has different expectations to me who watched City when we were shit.
Now if you watch City because of the great football does that make you a supporter of football or a glory hunter

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.