Are You Officially Priced Out Yet, Or Almost?

Corky said:
mrtwiceaseason said:
Slightly off thread sit in 137 north stand the seat next door is sold as a match ticket .£29 now for an under 16 !! Anyway a guy. Turns up happy as Larry got talking to him a Canadian lad come over for the match knew all the songs .player's etc asked him why city ? He replied coz I fuckin hate the rags !! Happy to be in the ground said he may have ovsrpaid a bit £150 !!. Maybe this is what they want local youngster sat at home and some bloke from Canada with a bit of money sat in his place

Rags? Internet fan by the sounds of it, never heard that in real life in the last 4 decades. City are not a Canadian team, no self respect...
Sorry losing me abit what you driving at ? What I'm saying is he was happy to pay. £150 for a one off ticket and would of thought it was Xmas if he had got one from the club for £57

Blue Smarties said:
I didn't want to accept it, but I think I have been priced out - or very nearly - for the next year at least. I managed to do Newcastle last week as my dad paid for my ticket however I'm now eyeing up Liverpool and it's going to cost £70 minimum (ticket + transport). For a lot of us, not only is City a love, it's also a social thing. If I mention I'm going, a few of the lads who I've not seen for a while will want to share a pint or three, so I either say I'm not interested with seeing them or go and pay an extra £20 - 30. Regardless, it's £70 minimum.

I'm back at university early September and I don't start back at my job until Freshers kicks in, so end of September. I've still got a few weeks to get by on with nothing incoming. If I choose to go on Monday, that's a bit more outgoing than I'd want right now.

Guess I'll be picking and choosing my games until I can hopefully get a ST back, either next season or the following. Currently I'm probably looking at either Sunderland [A], Palace or Burnley [H] (both if money allows), Everton [A], and Liverpool [A]. Sunderland because I can stay up in Newcastle so it's easy for me to do, Palace or Burnley as I'll be home over the Christmas period, and Everton + Liverpool as they're near my uni.

If it wasn't for the ease of getting to Everton & Liverpool, I'd be down to two or three games this season. I appreciate that being able to pick those out means I'm not 100% priced out, however the serious questions I'm having to ask about Monday (is it sensible, what about the next few weeks, etc), means that at this moment in time, I am close to it.
Pablo ZZZ Peroni said:
Transfer fees/amortisation cost quite a bit :)
You've missed the point where ticket money makes up fuck all in comparison to media deals.

Can I ask how do you get tickets for the away games when you are not a season ticket holder?

bowieboots said:
Blue Smarties said:
I didn't want to accept it, but I think I have been priced out - or very nearly - for the next year at least. I managed to do Newcastle last week as my dad paid for my ticket however I'm now eyeing up Liverpool and it's going to cost £70 minimum (ticket + transport). For a lot of us, not only is City a love, it's also a social thing. If I mention I'm going, a few of the lads who I've not seen for a while will want to share a pint or three, so I either say I'm not interested with seeing them or go and pay an extra £20 - 30. Regardless, it's £70 minimum.

I'm back at university early September and I don't start back at my job until Freshers kicks in, so end of September. I've still got a few weeks to get by on with nothing incoming. If I choose to go on Monday, that's a bit more outgoing than I'd want right now.

Guess I'll be picking and choosing my games until I can hopefully get a ST back, either next season or the following. Currently I'm probably looking at either Sunderland [A], Palace or Burnley [H] (both if money allows), Everton [A], and Liverpool [A]. Sunderland because I can stay up in Newcastle so it's easy for me to do, Palace or Burnley as I'll be home over the Christmas period, and Everton + Liverpool as they're near my uni.

If it wasn't for the ease of getting to Everton & Liverpool, I'd be down to two or three games this season. I appreciate that being able to pick those out means I'm not 100% priced out, however the serious questions I'm having to ask about Monday (is it sensible, what about the next few weeks, etc), means that at this moment in time, I am close to it.
Pablo ZZZ Peroni said:
Transfer fees/amortisation cost quite a bit :)
You've missed the point where ticket money makes up fuck all in comparison to media deals.

Can I ask how do you get tickets for the away games when you are not a season ticket holder?
Pretty easy for most games, there is always tickets floating about here and Twitter (apart from away derby and games with smaller allocations) , but he seems to have a lot of city friends and family who go to games so it makes it a bit easier that way

MATCITY said:
bowieboots said:
Blue Smarties said:

Pretty easy for most games, there is always tickets floating about here and Twitter (apart from away derby and games with smaller allocations) , but he seems to have a lot of city friends and family who go to games so it makes it a bit easier that way
Pretty much nail on the head. Before I gave up my ST for uni I was able to get many tickets on my own accord (ignoring the obvious such as United away etc - unless it's the CC, got one for that). I can still get some tickets on my own (I think Sunderland away will go to open sale as it's a Wednesday night at the start of December - people will be saving for Christmas, we've a poor record there, it'll no doubt be shit weather etc.), however those which I can't get, I put the feelers out with family, friends, and the good folk on here. If I get one, fantastic, if not, I'm not bothered - hopefully once I get my ST back I'll be able to get my own again.

A small minority may have a problem with me going however I personally don't see why. End of the day, one of my first few games was away at Swindon when I was five years old. Due to my dads career in the military, you could almost say I was brought up on away days (although I did of course have many trips to Maine Road). Peoples circumstances differ at various points, I'm currently at a stage where I need to snag spares, however I know that won't always be the case (hopefully changes next season or the season after).

If there's tickets going and I can make it, I'll take it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.