Are you ready for the hammering that awaits you tomorrow?

Everton were too quick for us all over the park, forcing us to lose posession 'whenever' we got it. They were certainly up for it and battered us for 90 mins. Their midfield grafted so hard and ours was to be fair... pedestrian.

Need to improve for tuesday

Darker shade of Blue said:
Evening lads.

I'm not here to gloat, as nobody likes a smart ass especially after a defeat, and besides, the roles may be reversed next time.

What I will say is that before the match, we were hitting quite a bit of form.
We totally outplayed Liverpool despite losing, matched Chelsea, totally outplayed Arsenal, and the same again today against an emerging City side.

When we consider that we are missing some of our dominant players through injury, and again through the African Nations,( as your good selves are ), we are starting to look like the Everton we all know, and our troubles seem to be lessening with each week that goes by.

Today, we showed City fans that yes, we can play good football, and yes, we are one of the better teams in the league, and that is the standard that hopefully will be built upon in time for next season, and perhaps the remainder of this season.

With respect to City, today, you lacked a lot of composure, and leadership on the pitch, and were simply outplayed in every department.
I think we may have got the bounce of the ball, but we fought for every possssion, while the City lads looked a little slow and clumbsy.

I'm sure you'll agree that my prediction of 4-0, although being light hearted banter, actually could have come true today, such was the difference between the two sides.

Any way, like I said, I'm not here to gloat, even if I am feeling rather pleased that certain fans here may have to eat humble pie after their comments.

Today was our day, and next time who knows, so all the best for the season and see you next time.

Good post, and good to read some Bluemoon responses an' all. Nice to know there's still a bit of class on these boards.

Can't argue witht the result and assesments either. Everton were very good from front to back

Fair play DSOB, I steered clear of this thread initially, dont like making bold predictions that dont come true, but in your case you got it spot on you fooker ;)

Everton were much better on the day, I dont buy the 'one eye on Tuesday' bollocks, you have to take one game at a time and we were second best in this one. Hoping to see a much improved performance on Tuesday, we are going to need it as the rags will be well up for this one.

leewill31 said:
Evening lads.

I'm not here to gloat, as nobody likes a smart ass especially after a defeat, and besides, the roles may be reversed next time.

We totally outplayed Liverpool despite losing, matched Chelsea, totally outplayed Arsenal, and the same again today against an emerging City side.

When we consider that we are missing some of our dominant players through injury, and again through the African Nations,( as your good selves are ), we are starting to look like the Everton we all know, and our troubles seem to be lessening with each week that goes by.

Today, we showed City fans that yes, we can play good football, and yes, we are one of the better teams in the league, and that is the standard that hopefully will be built upon in time for next season, and perhaps the remainder of this season.

With respect to City, today, you lacked a lot of composure, and leadership on the pitch, and were simply outplayed in every department.
I think we may have got the bounce of the ball, but we fought for every possssion, while the City lads looked a little slow and clumbsy.

I'm sure you'll agree that my prediction of 4-0, although being light hearted banter, actually could have come true today, such was the difference between the two sides.

Any way, like I said, I'm not here to gloat, even if I am feeling rather pleased that certain fans here may have to eat humble pie after their comments.

Today was our day, and next time who knows, so all the best for the season and see you next time.

nice comeback m8 well played,yes we were out fought all over the park by your lot today.

i wont use any excuses ill leave that for another day! :)

Fellaini played well today..in fact he was excellent..our only let off was that no goals came from open play..

kramer said:
Yes, Everton are back and Moyes certainly gets the most out of what he's got But it is not the school of science football that Everton fans think they are known for. Moyes plays percentage football, pressure the opponent and knock it long, look for free kicks and corners because that is where the majority of goals come from. Fair play to them today the game plan worked with the help of an incompetent ref who gave a free kick when a player fell over, the first goal, then a penalty when it should have been a free kick. Personally I hate this Wimbledon style of football and the only way to beat it is to match it unfortunately we had too many of our players who can't play that way leaving too much for the ones who can. Mancini will have learn't today more about the players and the league than the previous four games and one defeat and four wins is better than being undefeated with five draws. So lets put it to bed and roll on Tuesday.

Not wishing to demeanour EFC performance last night but this is pretty much spot on though I wouldn´t go on too much about the ref tbh - when other teams stand up to the bullying (Chelsea cup final ie) there´s not much left and the better footballing side comes out on top - still very few goals from open play
No complaints from me - keep it up Toffees and scuttle Pool , Spuds, Villa and Scum for us ta very much

kramer said:
Yes, Everton are back and Moyes certainly gets the most out of what he's got But it is not the school of science football that Everton fans think they are known for. Moyes plays percentage football, pressure the opponent and knock it long, look for free kicks and corners because that is where the majority of goals come from. Fair play to them today the game plan worked with the help of an incompetent ref who gave a free kick when a player fell over, the first goal, then a penalty when it should have been a free kick. Personally I hate this Wimbledon style of football and the only way to beat it is to match it unfortunately we had too many of our players who can't play that way leaving too much for the ones who can. Mancini will have learn't today more about the players and the league than the previous four games and one defeat and four wins is better than being undefeated with five draws. So lets put it to bed and roll on Tuesday.

Spot on post fella......Young Chuckle played the "ave it" role to perfection yesterday.

kramer said:

Well thats a load of bollox, we completely outplayed you today, on the ground football was far superior to yours, as it was last week against Arsenal.
Be gracious in defeat mate, dont be Bitter.

Freestyler said:
Evening lads.

all i'm gonna say is, your fans are fuckin stupid, do you ever make noise when your not winning or when your drawing, the first time i heard you lot was when you scored, fuck me it was almost as bad as last season, even at 2-0 you could hear a pin drop and you wouldn't think you was winning, we made more noise than you and we were getting well and truely fucked!

You must have been at a different game pal. Far as I can remember you lot left with fifteen minutes left and we spend the remainder of the time singing our hearts out. Two highlights from the city fans for me 'fergie sign him up' to tevez which is still well funny all this time later.

and at the start when you lot decided to sing 'where's your lescott gone' to which we replied 'what a waste of money' and the city fans clapped. enough said.

kramer said:

This

Fellanis Hairdo said:
Freestyler said:
all i'm gonna say is, your fans are fuckin stupid, do you ever make noise when your not winning or when your drawing, the first time i heard you lot was when you scored, fuck me it was almost as bad as last season, even at 2-0 you could hear a pin drop and you wouldn't think you was winning, we made more noise than you and we were getting well and truely fucked!

You must have been at a different game pal. Far as I can remember you lot left with fifteen minutes left and we spend the remainder of the time singing our hearts out. Two highlights from the city fans for me 'fergie sign him up' to tevez which is still well funny all this time later.

and at the start when you lot decided to sing 'where's your lescott gone' to which we replied 'what a waste of money' and the city fans clapped. enough said.

and the city fans clapped
=============
Disgraceful

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.