Argentina national team with Falklands banner

urmston said:
Can't say I'm bothered by the banner.

If the Argentinian team want to hold up banners saying the moon is made of cheese, that UFOs are real, that ghosts exist or that the Falklands are Argentinian then let them get on with it.

There are no laws against making an idiot of yourself.

This is the second time in 3 months I've agreed with urmston.

Either he's becoming more like me or I'm becoming more like him.

urmston said:

If the Argentinian team want to hold up banners saying the moon is made of cheese, that UFOs are real, that ghosts exist or that the Falklands are Argentinian then let them get on with it.

People on both sides lost their lives in that war. Banners like that are extremely offensive to their memories.

kinkysleftfoot said:
urmston said:

People on both sides lost their lives in that war. Banners like that are extremely offensive to their memories.

It's impossible to offend a memory.

chabal said:
urmston said:

Even a broken cloak tells the right time twice a day.

Challenger1978 said:
chabal said:
urmston said:

But it may keep flopping open.

Challenger1978 said:
chabal said:
urmston said:

Only if there is a watch in the inside pocket ;)

kinkysleftfoot said:
32 years ago I was fighting in the Falklands, 32 years ago to the day this happened

These fuckers are stirring it all up again.

u6edevy9.jpg

See, thats the "thing" with Argentina.

I wrestle with my conscience over this nation more than any other.

As a Blue, I love Aguero, Zabba, MDM, Tevez and my dislike for that nation over the last few years has become less.

However as an Englishman, Argentina as a nation provides all I need to dislike them - the Falklands war and on a much lesser scale, the Maradona 86 incident.

Kinkysleftfoot - respect to you, but how do you feel now about Argentina (if you don't mind me asking) and the fact that some of City's best player are Argentinian (not that its all about football)

I've often wondered how other fans would react to Kun, Zaba & Martin if it all kicked off again with Argentina.
Ultimately I came to the conclusion that deep down no one actually gives a shit.
I'm 40 now so don't really remember the feeling at the time politically, but how were Ardiles and Villa treated by opposing fans ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.