Argentina or Brazil?!

Mario Kempes what a player. If he was Brazillian people would be creaming themselves over him. Some great players come out of Argentina. But we don't like 'em coz they have an attitude problem. Bit like ourselves really.

Argies are either amazing players, or mental it seems! Bit like the English in many ways I guess!

From Vinnie Jones to Wright-Phillips - Mental to mellow.

Wouldn't have it any other way to be honest!

ibbo_mcfc said:
Mario Kempes what a player. If he was Brazillian people would be creaming themselves over him. Some great players come out of Argentina. But we don't like 'em coz they have an attitude problem. Bit like ourselves really.

I think that's the how and why, of how they do so well over here.

Few Brasilians as well though, Lucio,Gilberto,Ramleries,Lusio ?? there the only ones I can think of, Maybe its because Args talk spanish and Brasil speak Portuguese!!

I love the argies me mate. There attitude towards the game is much better than any other country.

Thats why they are a success in england. Look at zabaleta not the most gifted player but through being a tough bastard and hard work rate hes doing a good job.

Tevez on the other hand is just gifted and the hardest worker going

mcfc_die_hard said:
Right here is a question for you lot. These 2 are the most recognised south american teams and both very good at that but......

Why are Brazilians soft as shit? And Argentinians are hard as nails!!!

Robinho compared to Tevez
Ronaldinho compared to Messi (messi always tries to stay on his feet when hes taken big hits)

Just the whole nature of Argentinians are meat heads but the brazilians are pussys? Why?

I watched a program a couple of years ago that explained there was a historical reason for this, but I can't remember it properly i'm afraid.

I know it related to some of the earliest meetings between the two sides. The Argentinian game was originally the more flamboyant and pleasing on the eye of the two but something happened (can't remember what sorry, think it was in the 1930's though and relating to the early world cups) which caused a change in their psyche and they made a deliberate attempt to reinvent their style of play to a more robust hard working philosophy. This was then passed on down the generations and it's only in more recent years (through the desire of peckerman I think) that they have tried to rediscover the original 'soul' or argentinian football and play with more flair and fluency.

Veron was soft as shit at the rags but in general i agree with the original post. Di Maria is obtainable and we should go all out to sign him before world cup

Both countries have different attitudes. Brazil is very laid back and has a party atmosphere with all the samba stuff, Argentina is the opposite.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.