Army.

I was R.E.M.E for 5 years.My brother was a grenadier guard and advised me to go for a trade.so i did.I wanted to be a vehicle mechanic but i`m colour blind so had to settle for a gun fitter(fixing the tanks) although i wish i`d been an Armourer as out in civvy street i think i`d have got a good job in the police.Anyway you`ll meet loads of top mates and the training is great.Its life changing and usually in a good way..however i wish id chosen the RAF or the navy as when i met those guys they were proper looked after.We were treated like shit in the army but RAF +Navy had everything.I would say go RAF first if you can..and in a trade..My bro in law is a marine and he loves it but he`s done two tours of afganistan and one in Iraq..and saw his best mate blown up..so think carefully.

All this Trade bollocks is for REMFS.

When you join the Army you are a Soldier first and foremost.

The real respect and satisfaction comes from Soldiering at the highest professional level to which you are capable, with your Unit under operational conditions.

Lucas North said:
All this Trade bollocks is for REMFS.

When you join the Army you are a Soldier first and foremost.

The real respect and satisfaction comes from Soldiering at the highest professional level to which you are capable, with your Unit under operational conditions.

Utter utter shite.Its all a team.Who do you think goes out to fix a broken tank or vehicle in battle?I was a marksman with an SLR (proper rifle not like the shite SA80)and SMG and 9mm.When your trained your trained as a soldier first ..then your trade.I did 14 weeks of basic and was beasted for most of it..then we started learning our trade.Remf`s is just a saying for thick bastard squaddies who were good for digging trenches and nothing else.Yeah i guess you were laughing your bollox off shivering under your bivvy while we were in our nice warm decked out 7.5 tonnes!

Depends very much on the individual, some of the guys I joined up with hated it pretty much from the off, others thrive on it and become better & stronger for it.

I did 12 years in the infantry tours of Bosnia, Kosovo, Cyprus, Iraq before training as an AT (Ammo Tech) for 2 tours of Afghan, I finally left last May to take a IED civilian instructors role with the MOD.

Whether its for you, only you can answer, think about what what you want out of it 3-5 years and a good chance of a trade on civy street or a career of soldiering "leader of men" and all that.

dozmin said:
when you join up you can ask for a taster to see what it is like and whether you will like it ..... so that maybe an idea to do if your unsure.

We are talking about the British Army here not some fuzzy, touchy feely social work type organisation. lt doesn't give a fuck, it will bring you in ,chew you up and spit you out.

Those robust enough and made of the right stuff will progress ,the rest can fuck off back to civvy-strasse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.