'Arry for Engerland

mcmanus said:
'arry as manager who'll pick the drug cheat, granny shagger, him who's mates took the wrap for GBH, the racist, the toilet seat thief, Ashley 'cant get by on 55k a week' Cole, his fat nephew plus a load of over rated Spurs and manyoo players. I ask you.... what's not to like?

Sorry so the 3 managers before him didnt pick any of these guys then?
At least make a valid point like " he is a cnut"

GOALKEEPER

PRIOR to this year's World Cup I worried that the No 1 spot was a weak link. England were unsure who was first-choice keeper.

Now we have Joe Hart firmly established in the role and it is an area of the team I find encouraging.

Joe has a great future for himself at Manchester City. And with David James approaching the end of his career Joe could be settled as the England goalkeeper for the next 10 years.

I think he will be that hard to shift. It's a huge positive for England as the goalkeeper is the foundation for the team.

DEFENCE

GLEN JOHNSON gets some stick from fans. That's because he is an attack-minded full-back and as a result there will be days when it doesn't always go well for him.

But with him — along with Rio Ferdinand, John Terry and Ashley Cole — I think we have the best back four in the world.

When Terry is fit he is a great combination with Rio. We also have good players such as Joleon Lescott, Phil Jagielka, Michael Dawson and Ledley King as back-ups.

But Terry and Ferdinand are still the best two centre-halves we have and I wouldn't swap our back four for any other defence in international football — and that even includes world champions Spain.

England missed Rio at the World Cup in South Africa but with him back in the side the defence was not troubled consistently on Tuesday night against Montenegro.

MIDFIELD

IT'S clear England miss Frank Lampard's goals.

There is a good chance Frank would have scored on Tuesday night at Wembley so his absence was keenly felt.

I am a big advocate of Steven Gerrard and Lampard being in the centre of midfield despite all the debate about whether they are able to play alongside each other.

Frank's injury is a big blow to England but don't forget Montenegro arrived at Wembley with the deliberate intention of stringing players across the middle to blunt our attacking play.

And let's forget all that nonsense about there being easy games. It just doesn't happen any more because even the smallest nations usually have a couple of players who are regular performers in the big European leagues.

On the positive side though, Adam Johnson is proving himself to be an exciting, emerging talent for England.

And with Ashley Young, James Milner and Theo Walcott also around there is good width on the England scene now.

STRIKERS

PETER CROUCH is 6ft 7in tall so his best asset is an obvious one.

It's no good putting him up front and then trying to play the ball to his feet all the time.

Peter is a technically good player but England should use his height — because he towers above most defenders.

I'm the last one to advocate the long-ball game but, if you have a player like Steven Gerrard who can put the ball on his head from 35 yards out, do it.

While he does that, the team can surge forward as a group and pick up the second ball, the knockdown they know is coming.

If you're not going to make the most of Crouchie, don't play him, simple as that. Use a little striker instead.

TACTICS

I HAVE a vision of a 'golden triangle' for England.

Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard in the middle, with Wayne Rooney playing off a striker and dropping back a little bit.

In that way, he can play just in front of the two central midfielders and is a great link-man between midfield and up front.

There is no doubt Rooney is still a world-class striker. But again when Lampard is missing, there is an obvious gap in the team.

I think Rooney is perfectly suited to the role of dropping off a main striker, because he is superb at running at defences with the ball.

England still have great width and the emergence of two new wide players — plus the likes of Aaron Lennon, Theo Walcott and the others — is an encouraging sign.

One dicky result against a technically good side from Montenegro should not send shivers down our spines.

Forget their low world ranking. It means nothing, especially at Wembley.

Rooney did have a tough game and is not at his best but England are still going well in the group.

I am still bullish about the team.

England had a poor World Cup, yet we still have the players and manager to go and win Euro 2012

Harry Redknapp's (admittedly 16 month old) view on how he would approach the England job....

The FA supposedly goes for the best man.
Rednapp is a joke - since when did the FA go for the the 3rd best? A man who's won 1 FA cup? Do me a favour. Top manager my arse!
There should be only 1 name in the frame - I'll whisper it and then put my tin hat on .......Alex Ferguson.

Has his name been mentioned at all?

Just written this for the Daisy Cutter.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thedaisycutter.co.uk/2012/02/redknapp-for-england-count-me-out/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thedaisycutter.co.uk/2012/02 ... nt-me-out/</a>

'Redknapp For England? Count Me Out'

pee dubya said:
I can't believe the cream of English management is Harry Redknapp, Alan Pardew or Stuart Pearce.

F*ck me those Spaniards must be sh*tting there pants with 'Arry is nailed on to get it closely followed by Pardew and Pearce. The mind boggles when you think we are trying to crack that nut the spanish have of playing a particular way and creating a successful blue print for years to come based on Dumb or Dumbo or F*cking Dumber.

At 64 years of age 'Arry is being lauded is the messiah of English football despite doing very little in the game. It worries me sometimes the what logic the media whores follow, considering if the incompetant buffoons at Crown Prosecution would have done there jobs properly 'Arry would be banged up in Wormword scrubs right now. Yet here we are with the biggest let off since O J Simpson trial elavating this guy as he's the next Sir Alf Ramsey.

Perhaps its me and I don't buy the Britains Got Talent style sob story supporting dear old 'Arry the kid from the East End of London who came good. I mean come on get real people we need a winner not someone who can do well to get the best out of his players.

Lucky Toma said:
Just written this for the Daisy Cutter.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thedaisycutter.co.uk/2012/02/redknapp-for-england-count-me-out/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thedaisycutter.co.uk/2012/02 ... nt-me-out/</a>

'Redknapp For England? Count Me Out'

I would of done anyway you being Welsh and everything

Damocles said:
He'd never take it and the FA (understandably) want an Englishman.

Unfortunately the below highlights the issues with that approach:-

Arsenal - French
Aston Villa - Scottish
Blackburn - Scottish
Bolton - Scottish
Chelsea - Portuguese
Everton – Scottish
Fulham - Dutch
Liverpool - Scottish
Man City - Italian
Man Utd - Scottish
Newcastle – English
Norwich - Scottish
QPR - Welsh
Sunderland - Irish
Stoke - English
Swansea - Irish
Tottenham - English
West Brom - English
Wigan - Spanish
Wolves - Irish

20 English Premiership sides, 4 English managers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.