'Arry for Engerland

Thorpiemcfc said:
but he can't bankrupt England or buy all his old teams players which are positives?!

He'll have all his spivs on the FA bankroll. His Nephew will be undroppable and probably be made captain along with Sherlock Holmes. FA would also sign sponsorship deals with Ladbrokes making more money for him and his mates to throw friendlies against Andorra. Anyone that wants to follow Engerland must be mad as fuck when it'll be a lags XI.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
mcmanus said:
'arry as manager who'll pick the drug cheat, granny shagger, him who's mates took the wrap for GBH, the racist, the toilet seat thief, Ashley 'cant get by on 55k a week' Cole, his fat nephew plus a load of over rated Spurs and manyoo players. I ask you.... what's not to like?

Sorry so the 3 managers before him didnt pick any of these guys then?
At least make a valid point like " he is a cnut"

Yup agree the guys a ****. Fair point well put.

Agree aswell about those before him picking the same tiresome Sky 4 players but now they're even bloody older.

Gone are the magical days being a kid and the buzz about major championships.

Matty said:
IBlue said:
Matty said:
Unfortunately the below highlights the issues with that approach:-

Arsenal - French
Aston Villa - Scottish
Blackburn - Scottish
Bolton - Scottish
Chelsea - Portuguese
Everton – Scottish
Fulham - Dutch
Liverpool - Scottish
Man City - Italian
Man Utd - Scottish
Newcastle – English
Norwich - Scottish
QPR - Welsh
Sunderland - Irish
Stoke - English
Swansea - Irish
Tottenham - English
West Brom - English
Wigan - Spanish
Wolves - Irish

20 English Premiership sides, 4 English managers.

Pullis is Welsh

So he is, didn't realise, so that's 3 from 20, even worse! Although, techincally, Mick McCarthy is English!

Yes makes it even worse, especially the amount of Scots managing the teams, or should i say Glaswegians.

But we as proud Englanders need our Arry!, look what he has achieved.

As a manager

Bournemouth

Football League Division Three: 1986–87
Football League Trophy: 1983–84

West Ham United

UEFA Intertoto Cup: 1999

Portsmouth

Football League Division One: 2002–03
FA Cup: 2007-08

Tottenham Hotspur

Football League Cup runners up: 2009

Individual

Premier League Manager of the Year: 2009-10
Premier League Manager of the Month: April 2004, October 2004, March 2005, April 2006, August 2009, September 2011, November 2011

Corruption allegations and arrest

How could we ever contemplate overlooking this guy!!!!!!!

IBlue said:
I really can't believe this clamour for Redknapp, it reminds me of the time when Keegan took over, brass bands, happy clapping for his first game against Poland and 18 month later.........Soaked and desperate trudging off the pitch at wembley!

Over a 20 year management career he has won one trophy I think, this surely is not a requisite for the England manager, he will play a rigid 44 f**king 2 with no flexibility just as he has done against City for the last 3 games against us. This year alone for one and three quarter games his team have been chasing shadows because of the inside out movements of Silva and Nasri. Not once did he try to counter our formation, maybe moved Bale in a touch in the 2nd game, and only got lucky when Savic's mistake gave them the impetus.

We really do need some fresh thinking on the international front, hopefully English and not caught up in the archaic tactics of the 70, 80 and 90's. Who.....god knows!!

You must not have seen many Spurs games this year, they aren't playing strictly 4-4-2 anymore (since VDV's arrival they haven't really anyway..) it seems they have a system similar to ours with 2 to play the role of breaking up play who also contribute to attack in Modric/Parker then 4 attackers who can interchange, Bale and Adebayor specifically are given more free roles to confuse defenders while Lennon will be on either wing to bring pace - VDV or Defoe changes the shape slightly with Defoe sticking to a true striker role and VDV roaming, let's not forget they had a sitter to go up 3-2 against us in our recent encounter..

So I don't subscribe to this opinion on here the 'arry plays a rigid system that would get exposed - I don't think he'd win the Euros as Germany and Spain are simply on a different level to England's players but he would give as good a chance as anyone.

tin hat firmly on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.