Arsenal (A) | Community Shield | Post-match Thread

Far more pissed off with that than I should be. I think its more to do with the manner of the defeat.
Foden missing the easiest chance of the match to make it 2, after that the equalizer was inevitable.
Then the equalizer itself, talk about a fluke.
Penalties. Enough said, cant score them, cant save them.
But what pisses me off the most was the 8 minutes. Hated it during the world cup, and its despairing to see it here now in the premier league. It is never going to benefit us, only the losing opposition.

We outplayed a team two weeks ahead of us in terms of fitness and I presume ( not sure as I switched off) that they are celebrating like they have just won the treble. Liverpool’s fans and players did likewise last season. Best part of today was seeing KDB back on the pitch. It’s going to be a great season but like last season we can let smaller clubs have their day in the sun. Leicester also beat us in the CS and we did ok that season. On to Burnley with a fitter squad and Gvardiol to come back in. Oh and Kova will mean we will hardly miss Gundo
Spot on, Kova and Rodri were excellent together. Lovely to see Kev back.

Bar some poor/unlucky finishing we would have comfortably won that,the deflection was cruel but better happening in something like this than a cup final or crucial league game,we will move on and concentrate on bigger things ..
Good thing in many ways, a very timely reminder that anything can happen in football no matter what. Way too much injury time or whatever they call it these days, and a scabby goal at the end of it, you could almost see it coming but I think in a cup final we would have played it differently and seen the match out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.