Arsenal (A) | Community Shield | Post-match Thread

Can’t lie I am disappointed by that loss. Mainly because I feel we could have really dealt a psychological blow to arsenal today by winning. Their celebrations reflect that and I have no problem with them tbh. They have finally beaten us and that will be used to galvanise them for the coming season. They will have a very similar season to last year points wise imo.

From our perspective I don’t think it will really affect us tbh. I am slightly concerned with haaland (no goals in 6 now I believe). Have teams worked out a way to negate his threat? Guess time will tell. If he isn’t scoring he doesn’t really offer much else , his link up play is still pretty poor and I feel at times it It’s like we are playing with 10 men. Grealish as usual did the bare minimum (expect more than just keeping the ball and passing sideways from an 100m player) and I thought foden was an improvement on the left wing.

Straight off at Rodris miss, you know what's coming, media as a whole will be the same, fu*k em. As others have stated this will their only silverware this year.
No matter how well they play the Tarquins will want Lego heads neck on the block unless they have a successful season, and no matter how over excited they are today, it will count for little next May.

Should really have gone 2-0 up. Then game over. Phil misses those with regularity. The ‘no look’ shot… have a look and you might see huge gaps either side of the keeper to roll it into, rather than straight at him. Apart from that he and KDB looked decent together

Haaland terrible today, offered nothing
Grealish very poor
Alvarez never hit the levels I expected
Odegaard best player on pitch by a country mile
shame Foden never started

City won the treble
Palmer took his goal very well
Good to see Kev back
No fresh injuries
It’s only a friendly

Last edited:
Good propaganda for Arteta that pen win other us just so he can tell his players they just beat the treble winners the best team in europe! They have an easy start next week at home and think theyll be challenging again!

Think Pep has got some thinking to do about who become the mainstays this season. It's shit, but one of Grealish, Foden or Alvarez are going to be in and out; I don't see any scenario where all three get regular game time.

The perils of having a great squad, I guess.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.