Arsenal (A) | Community Shield | Post-match Thread

Can’t lie I am disappointed by that loss. Mainly because I feel we could have really dealt a psychological blow to arsenal today by winning. Their celebrations reflect that and I have no problem with them tbh. They have finally beaten us and that will be used to galvanise them for the coming season. They will have a very similar season to last year pointe wise imo.

From our perspective I don’t think it will really affect us tbh. I am slightly concerned with haaland (no goals in 6 now I believe). Have teams worked out a way to negate his threat? Guess time will tell. If he isn’t scoring he doesn’t really offer much else , his link up play is still pretty poor and I feel at times it It’s like we are playing with 10 men. Grealish as usual did the bare minimum (expect more than just keeping the ball and passing sideways from an 100m player) and I thought foden was an improvement on the left wing.

They man mark him when he comes out back to goal when in the box they have two men on him!

Aresnal didn’t deserve the shield, we blew it in the penalty shoot out, but considering the two week shortfall in prep, I am quite confident for the new season, assuming we keep Bernado and Kyle

Agreed. More pissed off with that than anything else.

Barely even a murmur of a chant. Fucking prime opportunity to give it to that horrible club about the European trophy. I was up in 532 and had dirty looks from some people when I tried to get "champions of Europe" going.

At one point there was 20 people queuing to take photos at the end of the tier.
For me it was the fact that over half the people that the TV cameras showed after the goal were still sitting down and one even looked annoyed that we’d scored.

In my opinion the match reminded me of our two performances in The FA Cup Final and The Champions League Final. We had some good periods but overall we seemed somewhat disjointed. In addition at the end of each match we allowed ourselves to come under too much pressure. I suspect that in all three games fatigue set in as a result of which our control of the games was affected.

Still think it will be us, pool and castle, with one of the others taking 4th spot.

augurs well for the season imo, and pep will use this loss to slap a few arses and remind the team you are only as good as your last PL title and not to become complacent……

Roll on next week..up the blues !!

The WORST City end atmosphere I’ve ever been to and I’ve been going since 1995!
The boycott worked! Wish we had joined it we left at half time it was that bad! Where did City shift all those tickets?

This guy was in front of us at the turnstile
Need I say more! :/

What's the big deal with the atmosphere, thousands of kids enjoying their chance to see City, what was you expecting when 90% of the "regulars" couldn't be arsed

I think that arteta’s and arsenal’s mentality is already fragile. Arteta booked today for more hysterics.
Back end of last season their failures started to feed on themselves and you could see the confidence and mental strength ebbing out of them.
If they make the mistake of seeing today as evidence that they are at least as good as us, then I can see them falling in a heap again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.