Arsenal (A) | Community Shield | Post-match Thread

We started off great after Arsenal steamed into us for the first five minutes. On 25 minutes until about 40 minutes, Arsenal came into it & had their best period of control & goal threat, but we came back into it & ended the half level.

It was noticeable that aside from Bernardo in the first 25, we lacked width again, as Grealish offered very little. Arsenal also trebled up on Haaland & snuffed him out of the game, so it was no surprise he was subbed.

It was pretty even in the second half until the changes were made, & we immediately gave Arsenal something different to think about, because Cole, KDB & Foden came on, which made us more dangerous of a threat & gave us better wide left & right attacking options.

We took relative control of the match, but Arsenal stayed in it & looked dangerous at times, & then Cole struck with a fuckin beauty of a curler, Mahrez stylee!

We looked to be comfortable, albeit Arsenal still posed a threat, but with 2½ minutes left Troussard scored via a double deflection. There was nothing Julian, Akanji or Ortéga could've done.

The less said about the penalty shootout the better! :-/

My thoughts going forward haven't changed. We badly need width. With Grealish being rendered null & void & offering nowt, we literally only had Bernardo offering a wide threat until Cole & Phil entered the fray.

We learned a lot today. Cole did well enough, but can he be relied upon for a full season like Mahrez? I've my doubts. Kovacic was useful, but an attacking level below Dog, & it was noticeable how much more of a threat we looked when he went off & Bernardo came inside.

We're not far off, but LB width looks to be a problem waiting for us again, & Grealish is more a wide midfielder as opposed to being the traditional winger I think we need.

Regardless of any departures, we need two wingers & an attacking Alphonso Davies style LB.

I hate losing, but it seems Arsenal over all were more up for today than City were, as evidenced by our fans sounding muted & there's sounding like today was the CL Final.

We've got a month to bring in reinforcements. Over to you Pep & Txiki. As things stand, bolstering the squad is still in our hands until September 1st. Roll on Friday! \0/

My fucking heart is bleeding for you. Poor ****.

How are you coping?

How are you, within yourself?

Hang in there buddy.
What a strange reply. I was giving my opinion on one of those three seeing less games this season.

And I'm coping just fine, thanks for asking. Although you are clearly dealing with some anger issues, you should probably see someone.

I am really not sure about all this extra time lark.
Is it or isn’t it a 90 min event any more?
How many more injuries are we going to see in this extra injury time in players who by then are tired?
I think the pendulum has swung too far the other way now.
I just don’t see where 8 min came from today.

They man mark him when he comes out back to goal when in the box they have two men on him!
I personally feel against the really good sides we look more fluid and dangerous with the false 9 system. Obviously haaland is an absolute phenom but I just wish he would hold the ball and link play better.

Well the new added on mins has paid dividends already for a the losing teams you look at all the games thats been played over the weekend they have been so many late late goals because of the added time change!

When are we going to be 1 down and pushing for a late goal in added time!!? So another rule brought in to benefit the shit teams!
Yep we’ll see more next season definitely! But if we need a result we’ll get 5 added max!

Disappointing to lose in the end, but far more positives than negatives.
And hardly a significant confidence boost for them - whatever is said and written, they‘ll know they were second best for the most part - despite being well ahead of us in terms of preparation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.