Arsenal (A) | Community Shield | Post-match Thread

Haha , an own goal.in the 11th minute of added time to take it to penalties then I look out of my window and see this :-))))
Sorry pic won't upload ....one of my neighbours had an Arsenal flag out of the window 10 minutes after the match finished , never seen this before or even aware they were Football/Arsenal 'fans'

definitely not the city crowd im used to, was originally planning to boycott but changed my mind and thought this would be a good game to test my little lad with and see how he gets on before sticking him in a proper city crowd 20230806_143817.jpg

I thought we did ok, but with a few adjustments I’m confident we will continue to be very very strong.

Having Kev and Erl on the pitch together will make a massive difference.
I’d switch Bernardo into the middle for Kovacic while MK gets used to our system and his role and play Alvarez wider.
I’d bring Gvardiol into LCB and drop Kyle for big games when we don’t need with on the right from him.

Ederson
Stones Dias Gvardiol Ake
Rodri Bernardo
Alvarez KDB Grealish
Haaland

yes they were. lots of kids,
which is great.
proper club
Quietest city crowd ever at Wembley.
The fans around us in block 129 made more noise as the fireworks flames went off pre kickoff Than they did all game. 50 plus Arsenal fans scattered around us too. CTID

Quietest city crowd ever at Wembley.
The fans around us in block 129 made more noise as the fireworks flames went off pre kickoff Than they did all game. 50 plus Arsenal fans scattered around us too. CTID
Well what do you expect when our real fans do a badly thought out boycott of the game.

I think moaning about the crowd is a bit pointless. It was like it was for 2 specific reasons. Firstly, the boycott and the resulting ticketing policy was ALWAYS going to have the effect of diluting the usual match day fervour and atmosphere. It is not the end of supporting City as we know it and love.
And secondly, despite what Arsenal seemed to think, the game had nothing emotionally tangible riding on it. I doubt there was a single City fan over the age of 10, either at the ground or at home, who had anything at all invested in winning that ‘trophy’ no.
I was there with my daughters, we got to see some of the greatest players on the planet and Arsenal, a beautiful goal, see us expose the myth that Arsenal are capable of winning the league, and watch the final preparations for a history defining 4 in a row league winning season.
What’s not to like?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.