Arsenal (A) | Community Shield | Post-match Thread

Pretty reactionary stuff. The pressure they applied at the end came from tiredness with most of the team not fully match fit and having played nearly 120 minutes, imo. Their goal came from a poor shot, that was missing, being deflected in. Shit happens.

Can't really get too disappointed by any of that. Saka had Akanji on toast on their right, but he can do that to most, and Ake and Gvardiol will be better on that side.

We started well until Saka gave them some confidence. We were much better than them when de Bruyne, Foden and Palmer came on, then tired. Palmer did what Mahrez used to do.

Penalties went the way they normally do. Don't care. We will win most games in 90 anyway.

Didn't hear "100 million pound man Rice" one time, btw. Thought he looked average.
Not impressed with rice at all for £100m. Good player but not at that kind of money.

I am going to sound like a broken record so will try not to repeat the creative problems too much. We have an unbelievable squad and it’s very hard to find fault. I would like us to put Phil central or Jack. Imo the team does not get the right pass into Haaland. Reactionary? Not really as it went on towards the end of last season. Again we won so who cares but Haaland is not getting the service.

As I say, it’s not a criticism just an observation on the type of player I would like to see signed. Otherwise, can’t fault any of the players, pep or the board.

We won’t win every game. The core of the team is solid as a rock. Goals and assists down due to departures. We still got time to put that right hopefully.

As for the game, meh I can’t seem to get worked up playing Arsenal. If it was the rags/dips maybe but Arsenal? Nah

I think moaning about the crowd is a bit pointless. It was like it was for 2 specific reasons. Firstly, the boycott and the resulting ticketing policy was ALWAYS going to have the effect of diluting the usual match day fervour and atmosphere. It is not the end of supporting City as we know it and love.
And secondly, despite what Arsenal seemed to think, the game had nothing emotionally tangible riding on it. I doubt there was a single City fan over the age of 10, either at the ground or at home, who had anything at all invested in winning that ‘trophy’ no.
I was there with my daughters, we got to see some of the greatest players on the planet and Arsenal, a beautiful goal, see us expose the myth that Arsenal are capable of winning the league, and watch the final preparations for a history defining 4 in a row league winning season.
What’s not to like?
Agreed. We have bigger fish to fry. Again. I was there and glad new fans go. The Tarquins thought they won the league.

Very much so, never seen a City crowd like it, travelling down from Manchester didn't see 1 coach or mini bus. Stopped at Newport Pagnell saw a few supporters. Very sad, ruined the day for me. Been to Wembley about 30 times over my 70+ plus years, think today's my last.
Same here. Didn’t see one mini bus or coach all the way there or back. Stopped at Warwick services on the way home and there were quite a few blues there but mainly families

Fuck all to worry about from the tarquins this season.

I'm actually glad they won it,ive not laughed so much in a while.....the desperate deluded cunts.

I thought Kovacic looked superb,only been here 2 mins and looks like he has been here for years,he will get better too.Foden is also going to special this season.Bring Gvardiol into the 11,maybe one or two new incomings.....and we are ging to be fucking awesome again.

That’s the quickest I’ve ever got away from Wembley via Wembley Park as all those desperate weirdos were still in the ground doing the Poznan and celebrating like they’d won the treble

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.