Arsenal (A) | Community Shield | Post-match Thread

expected to lose today as we’re obviously some way behind them with our preparations.. I even thought they might have won quite convincingly

However what I actually saw was City largely controlling the game and Arsenal lacking the energy and dynamism they showed all last season. Looked like they’ve gone backwards to me

It took a couple of unlucky misses after we’d gone ahead, a ridiculous amount of added on time, a head injury to give them even more time and one of the luckiest goals you’ll see all season, just to get them an undeserved draw

Might be a blessing in disguise as it will bring the players down to earth and get rid of any thoughts that we’ll stroll the season again

Just got back. Wasn’t the best experience. Very weird in our end today. It was like regular match going fans were in the minority and tourists were in the majority. Hopefully just a one off but if that’s the way football is going, then I’ll probably find something else to do with my time or just start watching at home.

I thought we played OK and were the better team. Didn’t create much first half but mostly controlled the game. We looked much better going forward after the subs. Not the best game, but the Community Shield never generally is.

I think we need to bring in at least one more creative player after Mahrez leaving, but think we will be alright apart from that.

Not the least bit bothered by it.
Hope Walker is okay and there are no other injuries.

Rodri needs to work on pens LOL! ;)
Which is alarming as a few times in the past he’s tried to take the bal from main penalty taker. In the grand scheme of things this was a battle you would accept to lose

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.