Arsenal (A) | Community Shield | Post-match Thread

Obvs disappointed we didn’t win, but it was Interesting to see the current state of both teams and the reaction to what is essentially a pre-season friendly. Arsenal looked like they were at full pelt - and all they can do is try to limit us, rather than attacking. We are not ready yet obviously, but even not at full gas, still looked comfortable.

I think it bodes well for the season. Arsenal will find the impact of the champions league challenging and playing with their level of inexperienced emotion must be draining. With no Euro football, Chelsea may end up being dangerous.

It was interesting what Rice said "you just have to stay in the game when play man city" now if thats what Arteta telling them its wrong mentality tactics wise its keep it tight and hope for something to happen and it did this time all the other games it didnt!

Would I prefer to have won than lost yesterdays game but in the greater scheme of things does it really matter. We`re still a bit under cooked having only played 4 games with yesterday. United have played 8, Arsenal 7.

Phil looked lively and effective, he and Kev brought on the creativity we seemed to be lacking in the 1st half. Cole on his favoured side looked much more at home causing Arsenal a few problems. He also scored a cracking goal.

Sorry it bored the shit out of me.
Maybe the double pivot just no creativity found me wanting to switch off, thought the atmosphere would have been better held at the emirates, as it seemed like an away game with no support it must have been really frustrating to the actual City fans that made the trip.

Just speaking my mind and being honest the game was preseason but the style was like watching Chelsea

When was the last time a player missed a penalty against us (so not scored but not saved - hit the bar or went off target)? Must be over 5 years now.

History repeating itself again... I mean last season we lost the Community shield then 1 week later went away to a team who play in claret and blue and won..

Oh hang on..

When was the last time a player missed a penalty against us (so not scored but not saved - hit the bar or went off target)? Must be over 5 years now.

We dont practice pens so Id presume out goalie dont squat up on where the opposition players usually put the ball in the net!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.