Arsenal (A) | Community Shield | Post-match Thread

Would I prefer to have won than lost yesterdays game but in the greater scheme of things does it really matter. We`re still a bit under cooked having only played 4 games with yesterday. United have played 8, Arsenal 7.

Phil looked lively and effective, he and Kev brought on the creativity we seemed to be lacking in the 1st half. Cole on his favoured side looked much more at home causing Arsenal a few problems. He also scored a cracking goal.
The result isn't that big a deal but what a boost that would have been for Cole if we had seen the game out. For a young player to have his goal rendered meaningless because of the dubious amount of added time must be sickening.

i dont really understand the reaction of some City fans on here to the way Arsenal celebrated and are talking up their chances. Theyre an inferior set up and not as good a team, of course they're going to celebrate winning against the Champions of Europe and, well, winning anything at all let's be honest.

so what they run and jump about a bit, so what some of their players want to be a bit bullish, i dont really see how would be any other way. Telling people how to celebrate seems a bit.....United of old actually. Just ignore them and let the season do the talking.

As it is, City were ok but a bit passive. They'll have to learn quickly about seeing out looong periods of the game from 85 onwards now, sitting deep and hoofing is not going to do the job at all. I think we look light on the right. Couple of players yet to wake up. Arse will probably contend again, for at least a third of the season anyway :D

oh last thing; the new yellow cards rule for kicking the ball away is very welcome by me. Penalised players have no business touching the ball after the whistle, pisses me off when they knock it away. Hope it sticks (it wont).

i dont really understand the reaction of some City fans on here to the way Arsenal celebrated and are talking up their chances. Theyre an inferior set up and not as good a team, of course they're going to celebrate winning against the Champions of Europe and, well, winning anything at all let's be honest.

so what they run and jump about a bit, so what some of their players want to be a bit bullish, i dont really see how would be any other way. Telling people how to celebrate seems a bit.....United of old actually. Just ignore them and let the season do the talking.

As it is, City were ok but a bit passive. They'll have to learn quickly about seeing out looong periods of the game from 85 onwards now, sitting deep and hoofing is not going to do the job at all. I think we look light on the right. Couple of players yet to wake up. Arse will probably contend again, for at least a third of the season anyway :D

Well said, talking to Arsenal fans after the game they were very complimentary to city, they were happy because in their own words city are the best team in the world and to even get the draw was good for them.

Last season when we lost i said it was a good omen and I'm inclined to maintain that opinion based on last season return, we've done well when we've lost it. However, that turn from foden and that finish from palmer was a thing of beauty, it was particularly special as 2 moments of Supreme talent were displayed by our home grown player.

Last edited:
Well said, talking to Arsenal fans after the game they were very complimentary to city, they were happy because in their own words city are the best team in the world and to even get the draw was good for

Well said, talking to Arsenal fans after the game they were very complimentary to city, they were happy because in their own words city are the best team in the world and to even get the draw was good for them.
I'm on hols and watched it with a few arse fans and to be fair they were decent lads. Not all their fans are like the bells on aftv. They were happy to win and beat the best side in the world. Listen, I celebrated coles goal just like I would celebrate a big game goal, and they celebrated their equaliser as if it was a big game goal. It is only a pre season opener or a glorified friendly, but I celebrate all our goals. But the end result obviously isn't as important hence why I wasn't really arsed when we lost the shootout.

What is it with us and penalties? I'd get a bloody hypnotist or somebody in as we're absolutely shite at scoring and saving them.

Arsenal really are small time aren’t they? Fucking hell!
Their celebrations were absolutely embarrassing.
It just shows how big we are now I guess. Celebrate
like you have won the Champions League when you beat
us in a pre-season friendly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.