Arsenal (A) | Community Shield | Post-match Thread

A few casual observations…

Attwell was a bit keen in front of the Boss.
I have no idea where he got 8 minutes.
How about having a throw-in taken from the place where the ball goes out for a change? Has everyone forgotten what a foul throw is?
I like the imaginary card waver getting a yellow card.
I like kicking the ball away getting a yellow card.
I like stopping a quick free kick getting a yellow card.
I can’t imagine how many players are going to be banned before Christmas, but it might be a record!
Moment of individual brilliance snuffed out by a 101st minute double deflection feels harsh.
Not sure City deserved to win the game Yo be fair.
Arteta is (turning into?) a right twat.
The Community Shield is often as big of a “marker” as last season’s was.
It would still have been nice to win it.
City need some pace down the wings if Haaland is going to get boxed out down the middle in every game.
Akanji isn’t a LB when the opposition has a right winger.
We look light across the middle of the park. We need at least one quality, straight into the First Team squad, integral part of the rotation, midfielder player.
We need to figure out a way to create some chances in case Haaland cannot bludgeon the opposition into submission on his own.
We always seem to be a week or two short of match fitness in the Community Shield.
The game is indicative of nothing.
Arsenal will beat a lot of teams this season.
We won’t be one of them.
This was the Community Shield, ffs!
Have a modicum of proportionality Arsenal, lest people think it’s been so long since you’ve won anything decent this game deserved a “Champions League Winners!” response.
Roll on Friday!

Their celebrations were absolutely embarrassing.
It just shows how big we are now I guess. Celebrate
like you have won the Champions League when you beat
us in a pre-season friendly.

As we won both competitions you need to win to qualify our opposition shouldn't get the trophy that should have been ours by right. They should have played us but at the end we are presented with the trophy. That should especially be applicable if the match ends in a draw as this one did.

Reactions: PPT
Their celebrations were a testament to how much they needed to beat us yesterday, their fans were also up for it as well.

imagine being them, just come off the back of a season , winning nothing when you were in the driving seat for 90% of the season.

not only that but the team that beat you and you were thinking you were on a par with, go on to win the lot. Meaning all the stress of the season was for nought.

I thought we were pretty insipid for most of the game yesterday, it only changed with the introduction of KDB , Palmer and Foden

i don’t think Alvarez can play as the 10 if we are playing both Rodri and Kovacic - he’s great at being a pest in and about the backline but he doesn’t off any guile in terms of his passing

What is it with us and penalties? I'd get a bloody hypnotist or somebody in as we're absolutely shite at scoring and saving them.
We were guaranteed to lose on penalties bearing in mind two of our main penalty takers namely Mahrez and Gundogan are no longer available.

Wasn't fussed at all .. we left with 5 of the 90 to go
But watching them over celebrate really hacked me off
Hope it pissed off our players as much

i dont really understand the reaction of some City fans on here to the way Arsenal celebrated and are talking up their chances. Theyre an inferior set up and not as good a team, of course they're going to celebrate winning against the Champions of Europe and, well, winning anything at all let's be honest.

so what they run and jump about a bit, so what some of their players want to be a bit bullish, i dont really see how would be any other way. Telling people how to celebrate seems a bit.....United of old actually. Just ignore them and let the season do the talking.

As it is, City were ok but a bit passive. They'll have to learn quickly about seeing out looong periods of the game from 85 onwards now, sitting deep and hoofing is not going to do the job at all. I think we look light on the right. Couple of players yet to wake up. Arse will probably contend again, for at least a third of the season anyway :D

oh last thing; the new yellow cards rule for kicking the ball away is very welcome by me. Penalised players have no business touching the ball after the whistle, pisses me off when they knock it away. Hope it sticks (it wont).

If we were a bit passive what were Arsenal?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.