Arsenal (A) - PL Post Match Thread

Was just going to post along the same lines of this!

It was the manner and style of the defeat.

On many occasions, both Foden and Haaland were making runs off the ball, only for the midfield to just turn and pass it back, or to the side!

I was frustrated, so god knows how Foden and Haaland felt!

Let's use this International break wisely, and hopefully those that are playing return free from injury.
How can we use the International break?

The training ground will be like a ghost town!

Anyone else find it a nightmare getting away from the ground yesterday. Including a 20 min walk to the car from the ground it took over 2 hours from final whistle to the start of the M1. It was a **** of an end to the day. Not sure what time that American football game ended at spurs and whether that was part of if?

Anyone else find it a nightmare getting away from the ground yesterday. Including a 20 min walk to the car from the ground it took over 2 hours from final whistle to the start of the M1. It was a **** of an end to the day. Not sure what time that American football game ended at spurs and whether that was part of if?
We parked at Cockfosters. Pretty much fucked off at the final whistle, breezed through Arsenal Station and were on the M1 at 7:45pm. Pulled up to my house in Warrington at 10:49pm. Seems we were very fortunate.

How can we use the International break?

The training ground will be like a ghost town!
Just to reflect on the past week or so. Think about what's gone wrong and how we can address those things.

More for the Management and coaching staff really.

I normally hate these breaks, but think this one has come at the right time for us.

Just my opinion, and realise people will probably think the opposite.

Very poor game of football to be honest. Both teams lacked quality in the attacking third. Neither deserved to win it.

We had zero out let in the first half between missing our key, influential wide forwards and Nketiah been a bump. We got better when Martinelli came on but momentum/belief shifted to our side when we brought those three subs in early 70s. Yes, we didn't create much but had better control and look of getting something. City was always quick to put players behind the ball and was content with the point.

Understandable for the below bar performances from both sides since both had the mid-week UCL travels and had key players missing in the game. I do not believe this result will have much impact on the title race as it is too early but at least it will give us some belief that we can beat you guys. It seemed to look like impossible regardless of how much effort we put in it. That was the goal today.
Fair summation
In last two games you haven’t scored yet get a draw and a win

Just to reflect on the past week or so. Think about what's gone wrong and how we can address those things.

More for the Management and coaching staff really.

I normally hate these breaks, but think this one has come at the right time for us.

Just my opinion, and realise people will probably think the opposite.
Pep has already said many times that he does not get time to coach our players this season, we had virtually no preseason and are now in a period of constant games.

And with 4 new players that makes things very difficult.

Was just going to post along the same lines of this!

It was the manner and style of the defeat.

On many occasions, both Foden and Haaland were making runs off the ball, only for the midfield to just turn and pass it back, or to the side!

I was frustrated, so god knows how Foden and Haaland felt!

Let's use this International break wisely, and hopefully those that are playing return free from injury.
I thought Foden had a poor game yesterday and part of that came from the fact that the midfield / fullbacks almost refused to pass the ball forward at times. We were so obsessed with ball retention yesterday that we forgot what the game is actually about. Saw Foden so many times demanding the ball into feet in and around the box only for the payer with ball to refuse the pass, turn backwards and play a safe pass to a defender.

I know we control the game through possession, but without taking any chances to create and score then it was just a waiting game for them to get that one chance and luckily take it.

Most people seem to have accepted that the payback for finishing every season so strongly, is that we start the season a bit sluggishly and under prepared.

It’s a fair trade off. No team in history has ever been bang at it week in week out for 10 months straight.

Yet the excellent start to the season points wise, has seemed to make a few forget that.

A defeat by the narrowest margin to your biggest rival on their own pitch, with your two most influential midfielders both out, at this stage of the season is annoying but pretty insignificant in the grand scheme.

If we’re still in touch by Christmas, and even if we’re not like last season, you can be pretty confident you’ll be watching a different City team when things start getting serious.

Very good point made here. We were never going to win every single game in the season, so one of the most obvious places we’d drop points was always going to be away to our closest rival, especially without Rodri.

Time to go on another long winning streak.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.