Arsenal (A) - PL Post Match Thread

One positive in all of this for me is that it has shown the total over reliance on one player in Rodri, that is unacceptable and hopefully it will be addressed in the coming transfer windows.

Also if the Kalvin Phillips fan boys on here have not realized the reality of a player that is simply not rated or trusted by his manager there is no hope from them.

Phillips has to be out of the club ASAP and a suitable replacement brought in.

Pep hates the relying on one player in a team he is all about "the team" he will sort it like he always does!

12 shots to 4 suggests they were more of an attacking threat.
Not if them shots are hitting the corner flag or row Z. Ederson didn’t have a save to make. The two best chances from open play were both ours. Ake should score and Alvarez unlucky when he closed Raya down. They didn’t have a chance as good as either of those. At home. We were comfortable throughout and but for sheer fluke would be celebrating a very good away performance without key players and others just returning from injury. Most frustrating thing for me was why we didn’t just head that long punt away that led to the goal.

Early days for some of these players, however you are right the drop off to what we had is huge. Nunes was a panic buy because of the Paqueta situation, it does look like Paqueta will happen next summer and they worryingly see him as a replacement for De Bruyne. Doku has made a good start, but one observation is he does like to hold onto it when he should be passing to a safer option. A few times yesterday he gave the ball away cheaply.

We seem to be pinning our hopes on De Bruyne coming back in January and he will turn it on again. I’m not too sure if that will happen or if he will even be at the same level given the time he has had out.

One big plus was John Stones getting back on the pitch. The difference in the passing by forward to the midfield was huge, if we can get him and Rodri shutting attacks down we will lose the soft underbelly we seem to have at the moment.

Plenty for Pep to ponder over the international break. We’ve been here before like last January when the team looked lost at sea, he sorted it and he will sort it again.
Thanks for the measured reply, too many jump on you from a great height when u dare to speak out and question!

I know its early days and i had to check myself when typing because i KNOW it can take time for players.

Doku looks eager , looks very raw, im confident pep can coach his rawness out of him and we will have a player.
I just didnt seen the point in nunes, and kovacic, well lets be honest.. who thought he was a wow signing? For the price he is ok. Thats it.

An injury like KDBs can mean a loss of ‘something’ and age is against him. Hes such a unique player i hope he can change hos way of playing and get those 2 more years out of him.

Lets have it right, there is a reason why hardly anyone wins 3 in a row. A reason why no body has done 4. A reason why only a relatively small handful of clubs have won the european cup. Because its bloody difficult!!

So we were always going to have a down season and i think this will be it. Be happy with the fa cup this year and top 4 because our squad is seriously weaker than last season

We parked at Cockfosters. Pretty much fucked off at the final whistle, breezed through Arsenal Station and were on the M1 at 7:45pm. Pulled up to my house in Warrington at 10:49pm. Seems we were very fortunate.
Bastard! We got back to Wythenshawe at 12:30 am!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.