Arsenal (A) - PL Post Match Thread

I think it’s the manner, mate. I agree with you in the sense of the grand scheme of things but yesterday we sat there with our pants down and let Arsenal do what they wanted to us.

Real lack of ambition which is something we’ve not particularly seen before in a big game under Pep. No evident gameplan to win, just one to contain and hope for a scabby draw.

We’ll come good and we’ll win the league but at the same time, yesterday can be called out for what it was - disappointing and shite from Pep and the (majority of the) team.
Was just going to post along the same lines of this!

It was the manner and style of the defeat.

On many occasions, both Foden and Haaland were making runs off the ball, only for the midfield to just turn and pass it back, or to the side!

I was frustrated, so god knows how Foden and Haaland felt!

Let's use this International break wisely, and hopefully those that are playing return free from injury.

A really disappointing set up yesterday . Played for the draw, but in fairness id have been happy with that with the current personnel but not sure hoe it bodes for the season

Im worried our recruitment this summer has seen a big drop in talent.
Gvardiol looks great but doku isnt better than mahrez, nunes looks a bit headless chicken and kovacic is a serious down grade on Gundo.
Yeah yeah i know its early days and players take time to bed in, but the concern is there for me.
Nunes may need a bit of time, however he's offering next to nothing up to now. Yesterday and last week at Wolves were very mediocre by our standards. Hopefully we get back on track in the next few weeks.

Yep, we were utter shit, end of.
Extremely poor other than the first 5 minutes, we nearly got away with a draw and I am not certain Arsenal deserved the 3 points but at least they tried to win the game, for a majority of the game , we seemed happy for a point.

One positive in all of this for me is that it has shown the total over reliance on one player in Rodri, that is unacceptable and hopefully it will be addressed in the coming transfer windows.

Also if the Kalvin Phillips fan boys on here have not realized the reality of a player that is simply not rated or trusted by his manager there is no hope from them.

Phillips has to be out of the club ASAP and a suitable replacement brought in.

Long old season .
Manuel Pellegrini not the first Manchester City manager to get his sums  wrong

LOL

Just seen the shooting stats. 4 in total, last one being in the 58th minute.

That’s absolute gash.
And two of those were in the first 4-5 minutes.
Only Bernardo seemed to be angry after we conceded and Kyle and Erling shown a bit of energy after the game had finished.
It was a laughable performance from us with nobody on the pitch having balls to take the game to Arsenal.

Just like the last one.

A handful of long time posters on here wanted Pep gone in Jan/Feb…
Our fan base has become a joke the last couple of years . The social media city fans who have latched onto us a total embarrassment. Our home and away fans still the best in the world though .
Football eh ! We live in a fucked up world for sure !

A really disappointing set up yesterday . Played for the draw, but in fairness id have been happy with that with the current personnel but not sure hoe it bodes for the season

Im worried our recruitment this summer has seen a big drop in talent.
Gvardiol looks great but doku isnt better than mahrez, nunes looks a bit headless chicken and kovacic is a serious down grade on Gundo.
Yeah yeah i know its early days and players take time to bed in, but the concern is there for me.

Early days for some of these players, however you are right the drop off to what we had is huge. Nunes was a panic buy because of the Paqueta situation, it does look like Paqueta will happen next summer and they worryingly see him as a replacement for De Bruyne. Doku has made a good start, but one observation is he does like to hold onto it when he should be passing to a safer option. A few times yesterday he gave the ball away cheaply.

We seem to be pinning our hopes on De Bruyne coming back in January and he will turn it on again. I’m not too sure if that will happen or if he will even be at the same level given the time he has had out.

One big plus was John Stones getting back on the pitch. The difference in the passing by forward to the midfield was huge, if we can get him and Rodri shutting attacks down we will lose the soft underbelly we seem to have at the moment.

Plenty for Pep to ponder over the international break. We’ve been here before like last January when the team looked lost at sea, he sorted it and he will sort it again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.