Arsenal (A) - PL Post Match Thread

Injuries are part of the game, they had their main man out, idiotic red cards can be avoided.

But hopefully it has shown what a huge over reliance we have on Rodri and it gets addressed quickly
No team can survive for very long with two key players missing. This is a first time we had lost both for one reason or another during a long period of games since Pep has arrived.

I remember reading about how Pep has gone big on players who are good at carrying the ball this summer. Nunez, Doku and Kovacic all are in the top percentile of players for that stat as were some of the other player we were linked with. And it's shown, because we seem to have too many players who don't have a world class pass on them and instead are relying on their own individual skills to get the ball up the pitch.

Poor that. I think they need to get in a huddle and give themselves a good talking to. A bit of “go again treble winners” mental fatigue? Thought the substitutions were right and actually about the right time. But we are not going to win those sorts of games went all of the front six give 5 out of 10 performances (Lewis aside). The idea of Erling tying up a few of their players is that the others take advantage of the space. Just didn’t happen. Anyway something needs to change and a course that will do with rodri and John Stone coming back. Arsenal can celebrate winning the league again for a little while. They won with another deflection. Which is being presented as a tactical masterclass! Jog on.

Last edited:
Rico Lewis was our best player and off he trots. I can forgive that substitution because the lads only 18. But buying Kovacic I cannot understand, he was shite and slow at Chelsea and nothing has changed at City. Whatever possessed us to buy him. Haaland was non existent today, Bernardo was left playing far too deep and as such left us short up front. Never threatened today, we were sat on a plate waiting for the sucker punch and sure enough it arrived.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.