Arsenal (A) - PL Post Match Thread

A cruel way to lose again to them, but we are still trying to fit 2 or 3 players into the system and with injuries and 3 game Rodri ban we are miles off what we can be, We have to take our medicine even if it tastes bitter right now

Nobody wins the title after 8 games and Nobody loses their title after 8 games.
I will say we were very lucky to still have 10 men on the field, Kovacic should not have come out for the 2nd half because he was just making up the numbers and could not tackle or make a challenge.

Still, a very long way to go and let's get the Fifa Club Cup out of the way. Maybe try the winter window to sign a couple and move a couple on.

Mama said there will be days like this

The big concern is just how boring we are to watch. T

Tired of reading this, especially from opposition fans (which you're not, I understand that). Look at the other team. Look at how they set up. Arsenal, supposedly the second best team in the league, playing as if they're away, every single man behind the ball when we had it for the vast majority of the second half. I couldn't believe it. Not pressing us, not coming out at us, because they're terrified of leaving any miniscule space behind them. They win with a scummy deflected goal, and virtually no other shot worth mentioning. That tells you everything.
How are we supposed to be scintillating in these conditions?

Surely not, when I said this on the transfer forum this summer I was ridiculed. Kovacic was as good as Gundo, Doku was better than Mahrez, Nunes was absolutely world class because Pep said so once 18 months ago. 10 out of 10 window apparently. Very strange that we despite that has 3 losses in 4 games and lost 2 PL games in a row for the first time in half a decade. Must be only bad luck.
Don't worry mate apparently Kovacic will start scoring like Gundogan did last season soon

We should yeah. We defended pretty well today. We lacked the creativity of Rodri more than his defensive work.

We should have been 2 up after 20 minutes. We weren’t and didn’t attack well after that.

I‘d add Walker to your important list too.

We need Foden, Grealish, Nunes and Doku to up their creativity and drive to change games, especially when KDB and Rodri aren’t there.

Phil is still young, but I wish I was seeing him running more games by now.

I woukd like to see Phil and Silva given a set position, it can't help being seen as flexible and standing in all the time.

Poor performance today. I thought Walker and Gvaridol were really good, Other than that we didn't get going at all.

One thing that is really noticeable os the performances of Ruben Dias in recent weeks, I love Ruben he wears his heart on his sleeve and on his day he's as good as anyone but he needs to be taken out of the team.

It was a strange performance all round by the players even when we went 1-0 down we had no urgency about us but I suppose that was the tempo we had for the game to be honest.

We are struggling at the minute but it's a period that we will overcome as always under Pep and this group of players and they always give us a response.

I said before the game it's not season defining today, We are only two points off the top. When the business end of the season arrives we'll be in the mix that's for sure.

CITY CITY CITY

From the moment Rodri was sent off against Forest, I had a feeling of foreboding about today, & so it proved.

Personally, today's been one of those days that anything that could've gone wrong did, so I'd have been happy with a point before kickoff which we almost got.

Compared to our normal selves, we were abject against a below par Arsehole. It's debatable if he's our best player, but Rodri certainly is our most important imo, & we look nothing like the same side without him.

Philips was supposed to be Rodri's competition/rotation, & if Kalvin couldn't get on the pitch today, it seems it's all but over for him at City.

We had zero sustained control over the match & had to put square pegs in round holes, just because we were missing one player. Bernardo being needed as a double pivot proved this.

Kovacic & Nunes don't contribute to our spine. They're squad fillers imo. Good ones, but nowt more than that as evidenced since Rodri's absence.

We've got two weeks to lick our wounds & to regroup which will hopefully provide time for Pep & Txiki to reflect that if Rodders is out for an extended period of time this season, we're in BIG trouble.

Considering our recent successes, our team shouldn't be so reliant on one player, but here we are.

Over to you Pep & Txiki. I don't think either needs telling what our next transfer priorities need to be. A top class CDM, an eventual successor for KDB & a replacement for Bernardo who may just get the move he's wanted for the last 3 years. A proper left back wouldn't go amiss either.

Today was a shitty end, to a shitty day all round. Now we've got ANOTHER crappy international break to interrupt real football! Fuckin gutted! :-(

Last edited:
Game could have gone either way to be honest. We were a bit unlucky but didn't play that great. Anyway at least that's our hardest game of the season out of the way.

Haaland's hold up play was great and the goals will come soon. Seeing him get a lot of criticism but I thought his link up play was very good and had barely any service.

I'm not entirely convinced the subs were the reason we conceded either.
What was assuming is that Sky were still playing instead in the background , during the after match summary, even though the ground was empty
What the fuck is that shit song they were singing at the end it’s cringy as fuck sounds like something the bin dipping would sing

Bitterly disappointing performance. But then again, I wasn't impressed by arsenal in their cup final either. Let them celebrate a deflected goal as if its the greatest moment in sporting history.
Missing kev and rodders is a massive loss(as is losing gundog) plus we're trying to bed in new players as well as getting guys like stones and bernardo back from injury who are probably a bit rusty and lacking match fitness.
It's a long old season and no need to panic just yet lads.
Let everyone underestimate us at their peril

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.