Arsenal (A) - PL Post Match Thread

Unlucky to lose that thought we controlled the game really well lacking a bit in the final 3rd. Thought Grealish for Doku and we keep more control of the game. But pep went for the win the gamble didn’t pay off.
For the best part of an hour we deserved to lose that. Unlucky to lose only in the sense that bar the flukey goal they couldn't finish their dinner?

The players have been far below their standard this season but I think Pep deserves blame as well. His subs have been all over the place thus far. His refusal to ever sub Haaland is bordering on almost comical.
Who would you have brought on for Haaland?

Opponents know they just need to absorb any pressure we apply (which is negligible right now) and then put some fresh legs late on . One shot or lucky break and its a goal . We push forward with no pace ,no intensity and we are easy to defend against whereas our defenders are being ran at and having to throw themselves to block shots.

most frustrating was their new keeper was visibly nervous in first 15 mins. what we do?
dont even test him in next 75 mins.

I really can't get my knickers in a twist with that result. As fans, after the last 3 years of winning the toughest league in world football, winning the CL and a treble, last season was exhausting. We weren't the ones running ourselves into the ground, playing three times a week, fighting for every second ball, pressing the life out of every team we played. 58 days after lifting that 3rd trophy, they were back at the coalface again.

So, our players will get no shit from me.

They gave me the greatest week of my life in Istanbul, which some on here don't think is worth remembering.

Up the fucking Blues.

Another bad day at the office, we didn't deserve to lose that game, we also didn't deserve to win it either.
Kovacic was a very lucky man to still be on the pitch.
We offered nothing going forward, when we got rid of gundo and mahrez we lost a shit load of goals.
Erling isn't banging them in for fun like he was last season and apart from alvarez no one else looks remotely like scoring in numbers.
Playing Bernie as a defensive pivot shows what a shocking signing Phillips was.
Players are being asked to play in so many different positions we're forgetting just how good they should be.
I've just read that our last shot of the game was in the 58th minute, piss poor.

Shocking performance, we are looking just like we did this time last year, lost, leggy and complacent.
Went there without KEY players to a team that finished second to us last season and has a ton of money poured into it It wasn’t a shocking performance at all and neither side deserved to win Arsenal were a disgrace with the way they tried to get City players booked luckily Oliver didn’t fall for it They won with a very lucky deflection

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.