Arsenal (A) - PL Post Match Thread

A relatively poor performance today, and a very disappointing outcome. We are in a false position this season, and benefited from a set of favourable fixtures in a campaign which has featured injuries to KDB, Grealish, Stones, and Bernardo. The suspension of Rodri, while missing both Stones and DeBruyne, is a big blow, and the new players are not yet up to replacing those that have gone, or have been absent. Nevertheless, we are still up there and Rodri is now back, as is Stones, and both are utterly pivotal to our success - one look at last year's Champions' League will prove that to be the case. Of the new players coming in, Kovacic had some excellent games alongside Rodri. Nunes looks a player, to me, and Gvardiol (today's MOM) seems to have a ceiling ahead of nearly everyone. It's early days, but we have some work to do, and there are a number of strong rivals.

Are you referring to Gundogans whopping 8 league goals?
Yes mate, those goals. I know seeing Kovacic scoring 2 league goals is fucking nonsense but I'm sure they will come.

If not then Nunes has scored a goal for Wolves so he might chip in too

I think Pep needs a rethink about how we are going to approach games with these different players who have come in, they dont retain the ball as well as the ones who left. Are we going for more width like the Sane Sterling era because if that’s the case then put Doku on one and somebody else on the other and give us some space, every fucker is in the middle it’s like trying to thread the eye of a needle. Haaland is getting fuck all service, something g needs to changehe looks seriously pissed off and has every right in my opinion.
We could really do with someone who can whip a decent ball in the box. Obviously KDB coming back would help but a lot of our crosses are ass. No conviction in them.

absolute terrible performance. I'm so done with this team now. I started supporting before champions league 2021 final because I thought this was a winning team. yeah we lost but I gave them another chance and last season was nice but this isn't the team I thought I was supporting.

Seems like they've lost desire since last season. Pep is getting outdone by other managers too, but it happens, some managers like Mourinho have their moments and the game moves on.

Tottenham is looking like a pretty good team to support right now.

I'll see how we go between now and Christmas but if things haven't improved by then, then I'm not wasting my time.
Good lad....

It’s hard though. Now Alvarez is out statting them, where do they fit?
I worry for Phil, People can say what they like about it but he needs to do more in games.

With KDB being missing for a long time I really thought it's Phil time to shine, He's an unbelievable talent but he tends to go missing for large parts of games.

Is it a thing of Phil Foden not having a set position by Pep (then again not many players have set positions) or is it a case of it's just not happening for him?

Reminds me a bit of the Liverpool defeat last season actually. Both teams a bit cagey and nervy, a few injuries meaning neither team can play to its best strengths, then suddenly a deflection or a mistake seals it.

That has to be one of the least energetic and boring performances we have played in a long while. No urgency, no desire or risk taking and totally what we deserved. Insipid

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.