Arsenal (A) - PL Post Match Thread

It’s hard though. Now Alvarez is out statting them, where do they fit?

Every player won't play evey game plus if Haaland plays up front most games ,which he will then that leaves 5 midfield /attacking options.
Unless a really bad injury crisis happens then we could do with deciding where Silva foden alvarez and grealish should play. Grealish seems to be lumped as left sided as mahrez was right sided. Silva played best imho as a left sided 8. Foden has been played all.over and alvarez the same.

I worry for Phil, People can say what they like about it but he needs to do more in games.

With KDB being missing for a long time I really thought it's Phil time to shine, He's an unbelievable talent but he tends to go missing for large parts of games.

Is it a thing of Phil Foden not having a set position by Pep (then again not many players have set positions) or is it a case of it's just not happening for him?
Phil's not a problem he's a City type player, he does a decent job and is always a threat. He's not a KDB but then who is.

Guardiola was too negative and we came for a draw, as shown by Silva in the Rodri role and Foden playing central. The limited width we did have came from full backs Walker and Gvardiol.

Gvardiol's passing is a bit suspect. Something I've noticed in other matches.

Haaland had nothing all game.

That was a totally insipid performance, looked like several players were just going through the motions with fuck all urgency shown to win that game.
I can't honestly give any player more than a five out of ten, and some possibly three or fours, absolute dogshit all round

And yet everyone on the pre match thread was saying ‘great lineup!!’ And that their lineup was suspect.

Go figure.
I thought the line up was fine. It seemed to be working for 30 minutes, before Bernardo and Kovacic lunged in, totally unnecessarily.

That gave Arsenal some impetus and restricted our play.

Pep should have taken Kovacic off at half time. Having him and Bernie as our midfield meant we were impotent without the ball.

I thought we slowly regained composure and the 3 subs helped.

We were happy with the point, but got sucker punched with the deflection.

I thought Nunes looked good when he came. Not sure we needed him and Kovacic though. Nunes looks a more mobile and younger version of Kovacic.

the transfer department needs to have a good look at itself and fast because some average players are starting to filter into our squad.
That transfer department includes Pep too. Those are his friends at top. People seriously think City signs player without consulting Pep!? This is not Chelsea. This is Pep's club. If players are average that is on Pep too. Too early to say anything in them. Always Remember Rodri was Pep signing so was Phillips. Noltio and Bravo were Pep singings so were Ederson amd Sane. Pep wanted Nunes he got him. We knew he had one goal for Wolves last season and didn't do anything there yet he was signed bcoz Pep wanted him. Kovacic was in decline ay Chelsea and yet he was signed bcoz Pep wanted him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.