Arsenal (A) - PL Post Match Thread

He hit it with his hand whilst on the ground so never would have stood.
I know that the ball hit Lewis hand, although he was struggling to get to his feet at the time.
Q. Why not award a free kick to arse if it was seen as handball?
All seemed a bit odd.

It's more so his development than being a city type player.

He hasn't progressed as much as we all thought he would in recent seasons. No doubt he's a City type player but his development as a player seems ti have stalled in recent seasons.

Just my opinion.
Personally I think Foden should be playing more central...he is ok out wide but he is better central and can play passes that Kovacic and Nunes can only dream of. Pep seems reluctant and the reason seems to be that Foden takes chances and tries to move the ball or dribble when Pep wants possession more - but Foden can absolutely learn this but he needs to be given the opportunity on a regular basis...

Not the greatest performance by us with big players missing, trying to integrate new players and being a bit timid.

But they still had to play like a cup final and win with a stuffy deflection. We will heed lessons and get back in the groove. I'll be surprised if they're still in contention come May.

Ben White, dear oh dear!
Stop kidding yourself, they lacked quality but made up for it with desire and passion, something we severely lacked.

We got all the decisions but still managed to turn a draw into a loss.

They deserved the 3 points.

Poor performance today. I thought Walker and Gvaridol were really good, Other than that we didn't get going at all.

One thing that is really noticeable os the performances of Ruben Dias in recent weeks, I love Ruben he wears his heart on his sleeve and on his day he's as good as anyone but he needs to be taken out of the team.

It was a strange performance all round by the players even when we went 1-0 down we had no urgency about us but I suppose that was the tempo we had for the game to be honest.

We are struggling at the minute but it's a period that we will overcome as always under Pep and this group of players and they always give us a response.

I said before the game it's not season defining today, We are only two points off the top. When the business end of the season arrives we'll be in the mix that's for sure.

CITY CITY CITY
The drop off when Dias has to play on the right side is baffling, it's hardly a huge change but he's useless there.

We were a deflected goal away from coming away from Arsenal with a point, and I would have been very happy with that.
You don't lose the title in October. We're in a great position and have yet to hit our straps.
No panic. Arsenal were shitting the bed for the most part. Onwards and upwards after the international break.

Stop kidding yourself, they lacked quality but made up for it with desire and passion, something we severely lacked.

Lacked quality? They had the most expensive player for one don’t see how you think that

A draw would have been a fair result

Arsenal got lucky. We were the better team, just not good enough today to win it.

Arsenal did not deserve the win.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.