Arsenal (A) - PL Post Match Thread

One defeat in eight months then three in twelve days. Come back Mel Machin
We had a similar wobble last season and Pep got a hold of it and sorted it out. Its a fine line between losing and winning but we have the man in charge to figure it out. Certainly a contribution from midfield would be good. Grealish , Foden, Doku, Bernardo etc dare I say Phillips , all need to step up and get us the goals that push us. Debruyne missing is a factor for sure. Maybe someone watch back over Gundogan's attacking positions and mould someone into that role. This is where coaches earn their wages . We have the players.

question is why is it them and not us who making last minute shots that can turn into lucky deflections as they did in today and community shield games.

we didnt test their nervous keeper at all, our few corners were useless.

there will be lower league teams going to Emirates and test their keeper more.

thats my biggest issue with the game.

question is why is it them and not us who making last minute shots that can turn into lucky deflections as they did in today and community shield games.

Because we set out with a mindset of containment… a draw will do.

We don’t get enough space and try play through them

Nunes has been a disaster so far. He starts or comes kn and plays
Eh? I think he's looked good. People need to chill - its a transitional period for us and our main title challengers beat us by a flukey deflected goal. It's like the over reaction of the rags cos they beat Brentford with 2 injury time goals. They're still shit and we're still the best team in the country. There's a long way to go ffs.

I have absolutely no problem with losing, it's a part of football.

What I do have a problem with, is playing not to lose a game instead of playing to win a game. We are the treble winners ffs... we should have played with an aura and an arrogance today. We are the real deal, the serial winners whilst Arsenal are the pretenders with only a Community Shield and a dog on a team photo to show for it. Why did we curl up in a shell and not express ourselves? Strange performance.

Had we showed more attacking intent to go to win the game today and lost, id have happily accepted that... but to end up losing a game showing absolutely no intent of trying to win a game, is very frustrating.

We had 4 shots all game... 1 on target.

That is very, very, very poor for our high standards.

As soon as I saw the team lineup and the lack of width we had throughout the first half, I just knew we wasn't winning the game. Pep got it all wrong today... that Arsenal side were there for the taking and we should have taken them to the cleaners.

That was easily one of the worst attacking displays during the Pep era. We could have played until Christmas and not scored.

Seen lots of people criticising Haaland today, but what is the man supposed to do if the service up to him is absolutely non-existent?

This game just also outlines how crucial Rodri is to our team and it's quite concerning how over reliant we are on him.

We have Rodri back from now on and Stones back. Time to fix up and try to build momentum after the international break. We really could do with two wins from our next two games against Brighton and Man Utd. It won't be easy at all so we need to get back to playing close to our best.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.