Arsenal (A) - PL Post Match Thread

I disagree. Erling's not getting the service and missed a few in his last couple of games. Regardless of your opinion, a perfectly valid one, Erling's still Prem top scorer.

World class players have left and potential world class players have come in, and all season we've been without John and Kev. There's no team on earth that wouldn't experience a drop in performance in those circumstances and the team in their absence is not in form - perfectly normal. Name me a stellar team that has never experienced poor form?

We can't add the Rodri factor to the argument - that was a self inflicted wound. To me, it's perfectly normal for a side like ours to have a spell like this. The international break has come at a good time - no momentum to lose.
Losing three of the four games, literally collapsing when the opposition got into our faces, nah mate, for me that is not normal, Pep's team. After long long time we have looked like a mid-table team today...at best. Time to forget football for two weeks.

Seems like they can only score against us with a deflection. I thought we were poor though, and while I don't think we really deserved to lose the game, we didn't do anywhere near enough going forward to deserve to win it.

More worried about Haaland's touch - your not given half the pitch to sprint away in the prem, the organisation of most teams requires you to have a great touch, Richarlson really struggles to score as his touch is poor. I think as teams set up with centre halves very tight to Haaland he struggles. They make the pitch narrow, close him quickly, let our wide men try and cross because for a big fella his heading is not great. I really worried about us getting him, well before we did, as we are a much better team, slide rule balls between full backs and centre halves..willing runner over lapping, cut backs to any of three late arrivals from midfield = Pep's way...Pep struggled with Zlatan as these types of forward don't allow for fluidity. Don't get me wrong i like Haaland as a character but i don't think he is a great footballer

When someone posts something that is untrue but is plausible enough to possibly be true.

When other posters fail to spot this and respond as if it is true, they have been "clarkied".

A term named in honour of City fan, brilliant actor and Bluemoon member Warren Clarke (RIP) who contributed often in this style.
Thank you and I actually saw him at the FA Cup parade in 2011:)

Thought one of our biggest problems today was how utterly abysmal Ruben, Ake and Walker were with the ball at their feet, when you’ve got 3 defenders so bad at controlling and passing the ball it’s a big problem, I’m surprised Pep chose today of all days to leave out Akanji.
Ruben in particular was awful on the ball I thought.

Bollocks they were at home and won with a farcical deflection. At no point were we struggling to contain them. We weren’t great but didn’t deserve to lose
Correct. Cookster's comment is a bit odd. We're going through a spell of own goals. Their attack at no point gave us the runaround - they were never going to rip our defence apart - was always likely to be a fluke.

Thought one of our biggest problems today was how utterly abysmal Ruben, Ake and Walker were with the ball at their feet, when you’ve got 3 defenders so bad at controlling and passing the ball it’s a big problem, I’m surprised Pep chose today of all days to leave out Akanji.
Ake's achilies heel is receiving the ball with fluidity and composure, puts himself under a bit of pressure there as by the time his head is up, his options are gone, great defender to have with ball players around him..i agree with Ruben, been quite a drop off re having the ball at his feet

Losing three of the four games, literally collapsing when the opposition got into our faces, nah mate, for me that is not normal, Pep's team. After long long time we have looked like a mid-table team today...at best. Time to forget football for two weeks.
I’ve never seen anything like this before. We usually stroll the first part of the season. Let’s just hope we can scrape top 4.

I’m catching on @malg

i thought we were way too passive today. It was clear from the outset that their keeper was having a bad day but we failed to exploit it. Far too many of our players just failed to show up.

The biggest concern for me is that in the absence of Rodri we dont appear to have a plan B.

Nah, a few own goals, below par form (by our incredible standards) even though usually the dominant team, doesn't look like 'collapsing when the opposition get into our faces' to me. It happens to every great team - it's called being human and not robots.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.