Arsenal (A) - PL Post Match Thread

Better in what way lol.
They had more shots, more on target, more corners.

What exactly did we do better.

Plus we had all the vital decisions from Oliver.
I agree, they had one more shot on target 2-1. One more corner at 5-4 but more shots... some of their attempts almost hit the top of the stand. I thought a draw would have been a fair result really. If Oliver would have played on, instead of blowing his whistle right away, maybe Lewis might not have put a hand on that ball and finished the move? Yes, Oliver could have easily sent Kovacic off. So, not all the decisions by Oliver.

Haaland is unbelievable. None of us will disagree on that, I mean, fuck me, he is stupidly good. He never gets subbed off. Why? I'd start him when fit, no question, but I would also withdraw him when it isn't working. Pep doesn't. Any thoughts?
Subbing Haaland off usually won't be the answer if the issue is with the system providing service to the focal point.

Sure you could hope and pray that subbing him for someone like Alvarez might result in an unlikely little world class dribble, producing a chance out of nothing, but that's not tactics...that's wishful thinking.

Pep saw enough of him to hold a different opinion to you. Why don't you give Pep a call and share your analysis of his side?
Its a forum designed for debate man! - otherwise we will have a whole board saying ''Pep knows best, leave to him''. Message boards aren't meant to be that way ffs. I also think that there may be something said about the Haaland transfer when careers are over ...not too sure that he was Pep's 100% choice. The clause helped, the club desperate to stop him going to a rival...and last season teams dropped off and also tried to stop crosses, leaving their back four stretched = gift for a slide rule player like KDB he fed Haaland loads of chances. This season = forget covering wide players, let city cross it, Haaland can't really head a ball that well. Teams have really analysed the situation well i think and nullified Haaland. Just my opinion = which is what a forum is meant to be..or is it, ''oh don't say anything that may upset a multi millionaire manager (who is a genius) but wouldn't give a flying f k what we write or think.

Can't wait to field this team.
Ederson
Walker Dias Josko
Rodri Stones
Foden KDB
Doku Haaland Grealish

Bench
Akanji Alvarez Nunes Kova Bobb Lewis Ake

Let's judge our new boys when our two world class midfielders are playing with them and Stones is dropping into midfield.

Last edited:
Thought a draw would have been a fair result. The teams were pretty even. Got done by a freak goal. Loads of time to fire on all cylinders. Im not at all worried. My only concern is that I don't see us as threatening going forward as we used to be. Maybe due to no KDB but I think once Doku really gets into his stride and Nunez starts doing the business we will be ok. Even with a weakened team our closest rivals could only win right at the end with a flukey goal.

Can’t wait to leather them at the Etihad. They were long overdue a win against us, but it’s not like they were brilliant. They aren’t built to win this title, far too emotional.
Totally agree. With our new signings fully firing and KDB and Rodri in the team they are still no match for us.

It's October.
We're 2pts off top spot.
We've got/had big players out.
We haven't hit our stride yet.
This was Arsenal's cup final.
We've played 8 games.
We don't win leagues on November or December.
And that's about it.
Thank you and have a great night.
Spot on. We would have walloped them with our strongest side. Still fancy us strongly for the title. as you say it Arsenals CF and they were due a win.

So what do you suggest Pep does with this season's Prem top scorer?
replay 30 of his 52 goals and most were self inclicted because the opposition stretched their back four across the pitch, meaning that the realgenius..KDB could slide rule 10 passes per game between full backs and centre halves - teams have cottoned on + no KDB = Haaland struggles

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.